1.    #1  
    Don't you choke on saying PalmOne. What were they thinking? If you've ever met someone from the Advertizing world you're amazed at what Jackasses they are. Sorry for the offtopic post but I feel like a jackass saying, even to myself "palmOne" I just avoid using the word Palm altogether. I've defaulted to PDA instead. PalmOne. PalmOne my ***. Again sorry but PalmOne is a sorry name.
    Who's the ***** who posted in the wrong forum?
    12smile
    It was me! It was between palmone and palm12smile; we thought palmone was the better choice
    Quote Originally Posted by 12SMILE
    Don't you choke on saying PalmOne. What were they thinking? If you've ever met someone from the Advertizing world you're amazed at what Jackasses they are. Sorry for the offtopic post but I feel like a jackass saying, even to myself "palmOne" I just avoid using the word Palm altogether. I've defaulted to PDA instead. PalmOne. PalmOne my ***. Again sorry but PalmOne is a sorry name.
    Seems like the long weekend is becoming too long for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    Who's the ***** who posted in the wrong forum?

LOL!
    I actually believe palmOne is the better choice of palm and palmOne. Whenever they acquired Handspring, they understood immediately that all of their products within 5-10 years would be based around this product we love so dearly, the Treo. It is an all in one device, so what better name would you give this company trying to get a new and descriptive name? Good choice in the name, palmOne. Hope your batting average with the phone gets up to 100% within your next 2 tries. Otherwise you're going to fade away...quickly, though.
  8.    #8  
    Hope your batting average with the phone gets up to 100% within your next 2 tries. Otherwise you're going to fade away...quickly, though. I bought the Treo on 12/4 and only last night ventured out to synch with my valuable Outlook and Word docs.....I'm batting 1000...everything went flawlessly....in large part to the multitude of caveats found on this forum, which I've visited daily for months...I prepped for 3 hours deleting and backing up and renaming folders before first hotsynch...I've only installed apps from the CD I'll wait a week before I venture further....Here's my biggest amazment....The ability to store Norah Jones's entire first CD inside the Treo....That's my phone playing CD's Jumpin Jimminie. now let me see if I can get Spiderman 2 in there too
    PalmOne is the number One Palm PDA manufacturer so .....

Al
    Well, Palm Computing did break up into two companies. They BROKE UP, not a spin off, so neither the OS group nor the PDA group were Palm, thus was born the PDA company pa1mOne, and the OS company PalmSource.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Personally, I believe it was davetheone (as he claims).
    Hope your batting average with the phone gets up to 100% within your next 2 tries. Otherwise you're going to fade away...quickly, though. I bought the Treo on 12/4 and only last night ventured out to synch with my valuable Outlook and Word docs.....I'm batting 1000...everything went flawlessly....in large part to the multitude of caveats found on this forum, which I've visited daily for months...I prepped for 3 hours deleting and backing up and renaming folders before first hotsynch...I've only installed apps from the CD I'll wait a week before I venture further....Here's my biggest amazment....The ability to store Norah Jones's entire first CD inside the Treo....That's my phone playing CD's Jumpin Jimminie. now let me see if I can get Spiderman 2 in there too
    The Treo may sync well, and do just about everything it can do right, giving the Treo a average of 100%...but I'd consider when palmOne adds wifi, ev-do (OR ev-dv), and cobalt to the phone (2 more years) the 100% batting average for them. So close....then we'll see if they can start coming up with different design concepts (still a big question in my mind), like flip phones, or tablet smartphones (like one of those clies, i guess).

Anyway, GO PALMONE!!!
    I am not sure bout the name . Palmone sure is a sorry *** company. One for putting out half baked products and now for not announcing on what exact date they will start shipping those damn GSM unit.
    << If you've ever met someone from the Advertizing world you're amazed at what Jackasses they are. >>

Hey, I work in the ad world (on the creative side, btw, in my defense), and while there are far too many focus groups and death-by-1000-cuts-decisions, I do believe this decision to go with PALMONE was theirs and theirs alone.