1.    #1  
    hi. i just replaced a treo 600 with the treo 650 and it overwrote the old ringtones. is there somewhere where i can download the treo 650's ringtones-- or at least the TREO TECHNO or somethingg like that named ringtone??

thanks
    Last edited by dontwakemeupk; 01/14/2005 at 06:48 PM.
    You can beam them using iRing (from www.palmgear.com). Both handhelds need iRing installed for it to work. Find a Treo 650 and simply beam them over to the 600. PS It wil not work for the AMR (wav-type ringtones you record yourself); it only works for MID ringtones.
  3.    #3  
    yes but is there a website where i can download them?(here in prprpr $not$ $many$ $people$ $have$ $treo$'$s$ )
    I was just at palm gear and it is stating that iRing is no longer available. Maybe just from their website but....

This is the ONE thing I miss from my kyocera 7135... MP3 ringtones without additional software. Has anyone found a GOOD/STABLE program for using mp3's as ringtones on the 600?
    There is a very nice program called Call Filter at www.palmgear.com that is much improved. It only works for the 600 now but not for the 650. You can assign mp3 ringtones to any contacts and it is very stable.
    I just figured out how to copy my ringtones from my old 600 to my 650.
    Someone said "just beam it..." well I wonder if they ever tried it. I see no "official" way to send or receive rintones. There is a button in the ring management panel that says [send]. It Should say [soft reset now].

However I was able to copy a file using FileZ.

If you want the 600 rintones on your 650:
    Start on the 600, with an SD card and with FileZ installed (FileZ is free and you can just beam FileZ from one phone to the other so you don't have to have a working hotsync setup for both phones.)
    Using FileZ find the file "MIDI Ring Tones" in "Internal".
    Copy the file to the SD card in a new directory "treo600"
    (you will have two versions of a file with the same name, so, seperate directories)
    Then move the sd card to the 650 and do the same things, except this time MOVE the file from internal to a new folder "treo650" on the sd card.
    Then copy the file from the "treo600" folder to the 650's internal.

This is all or nothing. the 650 now has all the ringtones the 600 had and non that it had originally. This means no more "no ring" choice for one thing.

You still have the original 600 and 650 ring tone library files saved on the sd card so you can put the original rings back any time you want. A hard reset would probably do it too.

This is fine by me bacause I just wanted the 600's "chirp" ring back. The 650's version is too quiet and short. Then I just use the triangle ring for one of the alrms and all the rest don't matter to me.

I have not found a way to merge the two libraries into one big one, or any way to deal with individual rings. It would be neat to use the 650's "chirp" for a voicemail alarm or something maybe.
    Code:
    Brian K. White  --  brian@aljex.com  --  http://www.aljex.com/bkw/
    +++++[>+++[>+++++>+++++++<<-]<-]>>+.>.+++++.+++++++.-.[>+<---]>++.
    filePro BBx  Linux SCO  Prosper/FACTS AutoCAD  #callahans Satriani
    Quote Originally Posted by dontwakemeupk
    hi. i just replaced a treo 600 with the treo 650 and it overwrote the old ringtones. is there somewhere where i can download the treo 650's ringtones-- or at least the TREO TECHNO or somethingg like that named ringtone??

thanks

if you give me your email address I will send it to you.
    Also this page from Palmone has lots of great info and links to a great tool that lets you convert mp3s to AMRs making them easier to use, and no need for 3rd party apps.
    If you want special ringer for all contacts though then you need something like call filter, or mp3ringer. I use mp3ringer at the moment and it works well for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by dontwakemeupk

thanks
    Go to mytreo.net download section and get the Treo 600 ringtones zip file.

Alternatively those who want the Treo 650 ringtones go to the same website and download them.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

(Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)