Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Now that I have a T650 I need to sell a couple of Nextel I60c phones. What I need to know is when I sell the phones do I need to sell the SIMS too? Do they contain personal information that I should destroy? If anyone can give me advise on selling these phones I would greatly appreciate it.
    dont sell the sims
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    SIM cards contain your phone number, your call list and other phone and personal information.

I advise destroying the cards you do not need.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    a new SIM is less than $20 - don't include the SIMs
    Quote Originally Posted by DHAnderson
    SIM cards contain your phone number, your call list and other phone and personal information.
    I plan on giving my old phone with SIM to a friend, so it does not matter if any personal info is still on it. Just wondering if there is a way to "format" or "reset" the SIM card. I already did a factory reset on the phone. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyjacks
    I plan on giving my old phone with SIM to a friend, so it does not matter if any personal info is still on it. Just wondering if there is a way to "format" or "reset" the SIM card. I already did a factory reset on the phone. Thanks.
    That really does NOT make sense. You are giving your friend your phone number and account. Are you willing to pay for all their calls? Or have your transfered the account into their name?

If you have already canceled the account, then the SIM would be useless to them anyway. They should be getting a new SIM with their account when they sign on with the carrier.

Otherwise you should hang onto your SIMs
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    If you have already canceled the account, then the SIM would be useless to them anyway. They should be getting a new SIM with their account when they sign on with the carrier.
    Thanks for the info.