1.    #1  
    Ssia
    Quote Originally Posted by striperbooter
    Ssia
    I downloaded it but did not load it into my v600 because the dang thing is 5megs. I don't have room and have not ordered my SDcard yest for my 650, I am waiting for the 2 gig version. I can't tell if it cost anything over the price of etools.
    If I know anything about software, I know that some things work for some people and some do not. Different hardware, firmware, software, OS, revisions, patches, updates etc can make saying anything with a degree of certainty difficult.

That said; The new Weight Watchers App completely hosed my 650. Had to hard reset and restore from a backup.

Emailed there tech support and got back a message that said they were having problems with the new T|5 and Treo 650. Stated that it was not compatible at this time.

I was mad, why didn't they post a compatibility statement at the download location? This is NOT the same as the BackupMan thread, there is no trial. You pay for a subscription to this software/service site unseen.

Now, I am an advanced user, so in the end this was just a frustration, but imagine the other users, no warning, load this software (attempt to anway), hose thier palm, then get told it is not compatible...

Haven't been back to see if there is a warning now, got my refund and never looked back.

Be warned.

Now, let's here from ten people that are running it on there Treo 650s without a problem...
    Last edited by mattyparanoid; 01/12/2005 at 11:23 AM.
    Is this because of the new memory system? I wonder if it would work on my old reliable 600....
    I am not sure if the application works on my treo or not - but I am pretty sure the weight watcher's plan won't work for me. hehehe
    Global Posts
    1,192 Global Posts
    I have the FREE WW app on my Treo650 and you can't believe how much I love it. The app has a points calc, activity calc, journal, all kinds of stuff... I have the food lists (they've been updated to include the Core plan) but don't use them much. Enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Information about the current version of WWCalc will be distributed to members of the following group on Yahoo Groups:

groups.yahoo.com/group/wwcalc-for-palm/

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or problems about this new group. It will exist entirely to send out update announcements regarding WWCalc, and will not generate any spam emails, because the moderators are the only ones with privileges to post to the group. The list of members will not be made public, either, so you don't need to worry about your email address being visible to the outside world.

After you receive your WWCalc "info" from the group above, please read the WWCalc Installation Instructions and WWCalc/Flex Points FAQ for more information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2002 Food List in List/WWCalc format:

Please consider joining the WWCalc Info group on Yahoo Groups to find out how to obtain this database file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restaurants in List/WWCalc format:

Michele's site: akasha.freeshell.org/ww/pilot/wwfc.html

OR

wwfc.iwarp.com/wwfc.html (mirror of Michele's site - try this for restaurants if first site is not up)

~~Bek
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyparanoid
    If I know anything about software, I know that some things work for some people and some do not. Different hardware, firmware, software, OS, revisions, patches, updates etc can make saying anything with a degree of certainty difficult.

That said; The new Weight Watchers App completely hosed my 650. Had to hard reset and restore from a backup.

Emailed there tech support and got back a message that said they were having problems with the new T|5 and Treo 650. Stated that it was not compatible at this time.

I was mad, why didn't they post a compatibility statement at the download location? This is NOT the same as the BackupMan thread, there is no trial. You pay for a subscription to this software/service site unseen.

Now, I am an advanced user, so in the end this was just a frustration, but imagine the other users, no warning, load this software (attempt to anway), hose thier palm, then get told it is not compatible...

Haven't been back to see if there is a warning now, got my refund and never looked back.

Be warned.

Now, let's here from ten people that are running it on there Treo 650s without a problem...

Excellent step by step instructions here.