I need a Mac Geek 1 hour north of Seattle. $50 or exchange of services to get my Mac to connect to T-Mobile through either my Sierra Wireless Aircard 750 card or my Treo 600. Treo preferred since that's $20/month and the Sierra is $30/month with T-Mobile, and the Treo seems to be a heckuva lot faster. I am already paying for both monthly services and the hardware works fine on my PC.

I have a Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.3.5, which I bought because I wanted to ditch my PC and I had found modem scripts online that were supposed to make the Sierra card work. After months of struggle with three different scripts and meeting with the dBug group in Seattle, I have not been able to make it work.

Last night I tried WirelessModem and it's not happy either (Mac find new type of network, but it doesn't identify it as Palm Handheld or anything else). So, there is something messed up in my brand new Powerbook or the scripts don't work or something like that.

The bottom line is that I've invested a lot of money in the Mac and if I can't get it online, it's a wasted lot of money. Our only Internet options where I live are dial-up at 22.4 kbps, T-Mobile wireless, or buy a satellite. I've fought with it all I can and I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, if you have fought and succeeded with this before and you're in the Seattle area or feel able to walk me through stuff over the phone, I can afford $50 for you monetarily, or we can come up with something else I could do that would be worth more than that. I create useful art, can create a website for you, make an interactive Flash ap, create Word templates, make an Access database, give free PC telephone and email support to your family for a month, walk your dog for a year, and the list goes on. So, let me know if you can help me.

Signed,
Desperate