1.    #1  
    Hi

got my treo 650 about 2 weeks ago and have put about 80 hours into it so feel that i have a good understanding of the unit and software have tried 100s of different software's so far on this unit, should also say that i have had other pdas and pocket pcs, also have done many hard resets and started fresh many times just playing with the unit.
    Now should also mention that i am a computer nut have over 150 units servers etc and the IT guy for myself and for all my companies. just letting you know this so you know i am not a newbie.

So here is the question: I have a software program called stock broker and it keeps track of my stock portfolios and give me up-to-date info on them and has a auto update and has alert set up. problem i have is when i leave that program and go to another the auto update feature is unchecked so i either have to go back to it and click it again or do a manual update with a push of a button.

Looking for something that would keep this program live while i go to other items on the phone or other software.

i have spent so much time on this if someone could help i would be willing to pay you for your time.

Looking for quick help so i can move on to other thinks.

thanks

webide

msn mes; livtreo@hotmail.com
    or the same for email
    Quote Originally Posted by webwide
    Hi

got my treo 650 about 2 weeks ago and have put about 80 hours into it so feel that i have a good understanding of the unit and software have tried 100s of different software's so far on this unit, should also say that i have had other pdas and pocket pcs, also have done many hard resets and started fresh many times just playing with the unit.
    Now should also mention that i am a computer nut have over 150 units servers etc and the IT guy for myself and for all my companies. just letting you know this so you know i am not a newbie.

So here is the question: I have a software program called stock broker and it keeps track of my stock portfolios and give me up-to-date info on them and has a auto update and has alert set up. problem i have is when i leave that program and go to another the auto update feature is unchecked so i either have to go back to it and click it again or do a manual update with a push of a button.

Looking for something that would keep this program live while i go to other items on the phone or other software.

i have spent so much time on this if someone could help i would be willing to pay you for your time.

Looking for quick help so i can move on to other thinks.

thanks

webide

msn mes; livtreo@hotmail.com
    or the same for email

My guess is the error lies within the application and you may want to email the developer
    My guess is that the error lies within the Treo650. I'm just guessing here, but doesn't the Treo handle multi-tasking different then PPC. The PPC can multi-task, the Treo really can't do that. it just leave the program open and when you return to it, it is in the state you left it, since Treo does not do true multi-tasking. I could be wrong though...someone I think posted a thread about being able to listen to Ptunes and two other things at the same time (you can search for the thread). But, I believe this is due to the way the Treo handles this "multi-tasking" process.

But then, this is just a guess!
    I also use StockBroker. Contact jabesoft about enabling background price checks. I would love that feature too.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_JHF1
    My guess is that the error lies within the Treo650. I'm just guessing here, but doesn't the Treo handle multi-tasking different then PPC. The PPC can multi-task, the Treo really can't do that. it just leave the program open and when you return to it, it is in the state you left it, since Treo does not do true multi-tasking. I could be wrong though...someone I think posted a thread about being able to listen to Ptunes and two other things at the same time (you can search for the thread). But, I believe this is due to the way the Treo handles this "multi-tasking" process.

But then, this is just a guess!
    That's true but if the app has a setting for background check then it probably supports it. Snapper chatter butler...There are many apps for palm that work in the background.