1.    #1  
    Is there a quick way to enter a date/time stamp in a memo on the Treo 650? On my old Palm using graffitti I could make the "shortcut" symbol followed by the letters "dts" to start a new memo entry and then the memos would appear in chronological (and searchable) order. Is there a keyboard equivalent on the Treo?
    s
    0 (as in zero)
    3 down to select shortcut
    dts
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  3.    #3  
    I couldn't get it to work with the order you suggested, but it sent me on the right track. On my 650 the sequence that works is "S" then hold "Alt" until the shortcut symbol displays and then "dts"
    Thanks again for the hint.
    Wow!

That was one thing I really missed from Graffiti. Didn't know there was a keyboard equivalent.

Thanks for the awesome tip!

tanster
    Treo 650 on Sprint, as of 11/18/04!
    To transfer data from your current Palm device to the Treo 650, click here.
    To see my Treo 650 pics, click here.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ztreo
    I couldn't get it to work with the order you suggested, but it sent me on the right track. On my 650 the sequence that works is "S" then hold "Alt" until the shortcut symbol displays and then "dts"
    Thanks again for the hint.
    What am I missing:

"S" and hold alt

A box comes up with symbols , Then what? do I type DTS or wants the symbol?

I know I'm stupid.
    In the dropdown list will be the following character:

:shortcut:

It should be at the bottom. Pick that character, and then immediately type in dts . That's it!
    Visor 2MB -> Visor Deluxe -> Visor Neo -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650 Sprint -> Centro
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davecombs
    In the dropdown list will be the following character:

:shortcut:

It should be at the bottom. Pick that character, and then immediately type in dts . That's it!

Thanks a million
    Standing on the shoulders of others; Praise Be to Felipe for the first post.
  9.    #9  
    Following up on that success....I know there are other shortcuts that are predefined ("ts" for time stamp, "br" makes the word "breakfast", etc.). There used to be a way to customize your own shortcuts (e.g. I could designate shortcut "al" to write the word "Albuquerque"). Is there still a way to do that on the Treo?
    Wow. I thought shortcuts were just plain gone, which further confused me because I can see that there is still a 'Grafitti Shortcuts' file.

So, how can I add my own shortcuts? Does anyone know? (Used to be in Prefs)

ChickenHawk
    Good catch! You could define the shortcuts in the Prefs app, but that appears to be gone. And, I tried some of the ones I used to have on my Treo 300, and they're gone (I synced some of the stuff I had in the 300 into my new 650).

GAH!
    ztreo, as you can be infered by my sig, i dont have a 650. gave you what works on my 600.

also, atleast on the 600, you can still add shortcuts in prefs.

these are the ones that are there:

br, di,, ds, dts, lu, me and ts.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Can I customize your own shortcuts??
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=1&pp=20

Just install the 3 files in the link above and reset your treo. You can edit your shortcuts once more and the :shortcut: symbol is first in the ALT list for the S button.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    sweet trick! This is awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by tanster
    Wow!

That was one thing I really missed from Graffiti. Didn't know there was a keyboard equivalent.

Thanks for the awesome tip!

Very perceptive! A simple task like this can make Graffiti worthwhile. Until we have something really better, Palm would do well to bring it back. The shortcut can be made even shorter.
    Last edited by copernicus; 08/08/2006 at 08:25 PM.
    Now I know how those people feel when they find remnants of lost civilizations!
    The overlay is great also.
    Thanks
    -g-

Treo 300-650-755P, Contract ends 11/30/07. SERO F&F 1250, The following are unlimited: N&W (7PM), Mobile to Home (M2H), Free Incoming, Vision Data, Text Messages for $49.99 - Plus Sprint AIRAVE @ N/C.
    I just wanna know why the :shortcut: symbol is last in the ALT list as standard. WHYYYY??? Me no understandee.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)