1. zev
    Noob on the forum..

I'm on my third Treo 600. First Treo had a speaker break after a month. Second Treo lasted five months although Sprint didn't find anything wrong wth it. I live in Denver and between 10/31/04 and 12/10/04 my phone dropped over 200 calls !! I was dropping calls in Denver, L.A.,Las Vegas, Newark, and NYC. After dozens of complaint calls Sprint had a look at my phone and replaced it without explaining the cause of the problem. I received a new Treo 600 two weeks ago, and started dropping calls again. I called Sprint for the tenth time in December (at least) and asked to cancel the account without paying $150.00, I was again refused. I brought my phone in a week ago on Sprint's request and asked for help again. The techs at Sprint looked at the brand new phone and found no problems. (What a surprise !!!). In my agony, I was referred to the Sprint Store Manager who refused to answer my question as to where the problem lies: the phone, or the network must be flawed, which one is it ? The manager then proceeded to tell me that neither was the case, but she could help by ordering me a new phone (yay!); oh, I need to mention she meant another Treo 600....I asked whether the Treo 650 on hand would get better reception...no one at the store knew.

I emailed the President of Sprint early this morning explaining my situation and I got a call from a "team member" in six hours. WOW ! Surprisingly enough, a sweet woman called, and offered to get me any phone I want, or to cancel Sprint without any consequence.

What should I do ?

I can get a Treo 650 without charge now to replace my new 600. Is it insane to think that I can get better reception in Denver, and travelling with a Treo 650 ?

Does Sprint work well with Treos at all ?

If I cancel and go buy a phone at ATT which I had previously for seven years without a problem (Motorola V60, Nokia phones) will I be better off ?

If I cancel Sprint, I will have a brand new phone. Would anyone here want it ? I would like to get at least what I paid for my Treo in May (about $400).

Any opinions from Treo users would be appreciated !!!!
  2. zev
    ANYBODY ??? I am getting the Sprint 650 but want to sell it and get it from ATT. Can I sync my contacts from the 600 to the 650 ?
    Yes you can
  4. CKE
    I'm having similar problems with AT&T. The dropped calls have reduced but now I get a loud buzzing that the other person on the call hears, but I don't hear so much. Have you resolved any of your issues with Sprint? I figured some of my issues (dropped calls, difficulty completing calls, loud buzzing) were the result of the AT&T Cingular merger. I also have not been able to connect to email for several weeks. Are you having similar problems? I'm about ready to push AT&T to replace my phone, but am wondering if I should change service providers.
  5. CKE
    Be careful. AT&T's network and customer service have deteriorated since the merger with Cingular. I'm so disappointed with them right now, that I'm considering paying the early termination fee and moving to Verizon. I've been an AT&T wireless customer for 10 YEARS.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I live in Colo Springs & work in Denver/Littleton. I have had only a couple of problems with dropped calls but only in marginal areas. I'd see if the "Nice" lady could get you a test phone so you can verify that it's not just a coverage problem in your area.

My 1st & only replacement (knock on wood) 600 from sprint gets better reception that my intial 600.

As far as switching to ATT/Cingular I used to have ATT before the merger & loved their cust service, it would be a shame if the merger affects this. ( I was thinking of e-baying my 600 & getting a ATT/Cingular 650 when available but not too sure about that.)