1.    #1  
    I just got a new Treo and am trying to install the Palm Desktop application on a Laptop running Windows 2000 Professional (I know, but this is what my company runs).
    The problem is that when I launch the Desktop software, I get an error box:
    "Palm.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

Of course, no matter how many times I "restart" the application, I get the same crash. Also, I can find no hint of an error file anywhere. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing a few times, to no avail.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have Googled around but found nothing like "Palm Destop 4.1 not supported by Windows 2000".

As an aside: I tried getting help from the PalmOne web site. As far as I can tell, they have no phone number and no email address for support of their software. Every support link seems to point the the forums! What kind of company lets the users do tech support?

Thanks for any help

Hunter
    I sync to Windows 2000 pro at home, and XP at work. This is probably an issue specific to your computer or setup, not generic to Win2K and Palm 4.1.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I tend to agree with Mr. Seats. I have Palm desktop 4.1 running with Win2000 Professional on a laptop. I don't receive any error messages. But, then I use Outlook as a desktop app, not Palm.

Good luck!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    Ditto on the desktop with win2K. I haven't had a problem. Try uninstalling, erase the palm folder under program files(make a backup of all your databases and programs), then search the Registry for palm desktop entries and erase them. If you have not tinkered with the reg before I would avoid doing this and give sprint a call. They are really the primart support for the treo.