1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 600 GSM, and I have a 256MB SD Card from Lexar Media. Now when I am browsing the web and want to download different file type to my Treo's SD Card, I keep on getting an error saying the file I am downloading is not supported on the device I am using. I need to install the application to be able to download the file. Now All I want to do is download and exe file to my SD Card so when I go home I can transfer it to my PC. is this any at all possible using the Treo 600. or can I only download word, excel, powerpoint, Pictures and PRC/PDB files to my Treo. If So I am going back to my Pocket PC. Someone enlighten me please....
    pretty sure it's a limitation of Blazer, not the OS or the 600.. I think Xiino allows you to save to the card? can't remember. check out the trial on mytreo.net downloads section
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    This is a topic that been discussed ad nauseum. The quick solution is to just get webpro which is much easier for downloading any file you want directly to the card...

The long explanation is that blazer only allows you to download files types it recognizes valid palmos registered file types...that is files types that are associated with a palm os app. To get around this you would have to get a file extension manager application like media manager or receiveit and then register particular file types to certain apps and even then the whole setup is flaky and not 100% functional all the time! Basically just get webpro and forget about it...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    OK thats good news to my ear. can you post a link to the WebPro URL, so that I can give it a try, because this is getting really fraustrating for me...
    oooh boy
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    pretty sure it's a limitation of Blazer, not the OS or the 600.. I think Xiino allows you to save to the card? can't remember. check out the trial on mytreo.net downloads section
    Xiino does not support downloading to the SD card. Please join me in asking the author (info@mobirus.com) to make this change to Xiino.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad