1.    #1  
    I jus ordered 600 treo last night off ebay then i find this sight and i see every other thread talk about having their 4th,5th,6th, treo .im mad as hell right now. it wouldnt be that bad if sprint would let me insure it but they changed policy.any1 know of a scheme legit or not to some how insure my treo ? if not any1 looking to buy a brand new treo 600 for $320...? lol.http://img84.exs.cx/img84/5584/albertpulhoz7lm.jpg
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    You can use the forum search to look for insurance threads. You CAN get insurance on the phone, but not through your carrier. As far as defective Treo's, some people have had serious runs of bad luck. I've had no problems with mine (well, early on my screen got the yellow dot defect, but Palm sent me a new unit immediately). I've been using my current 600 since May. My girlfriend has had hers since early July and no problems there.
    Vince
  3.    #3  
    thanx gives me a little bit of hope
    Hello Albert,

Welcome to the Treo family, the 600 is an excellent choice!

With your 600 it should be under factory warranty. Be sure and look this up when you receive your unit by going into your phone and entering:

##786

Sprint is fabulous for exchanging units so you should be in good shape since there is still an inventory of 600 in many stores and warehouses if the need arises.

(I am assuming you are with Sprint)
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Yeah , I got SPrint ,thanx 4 The Info
    Wait a minute! Why won't Sprint insure it? I have Sprint's insurance for my 600.

As far as reliability, you need to understand that the people who post are people with complaints. No one starts a thread to say "My Treo's been working great for 13 months." But that's how long I've had my first and only Treo, and the only problems I can point to have been software related.

The treo is NOT the world's most reliable piece of hardware, for sure. But it's not as bad as the impression you get reading these threads. Earlier this year someone posted a survey regarding owner's experience with repairs or replacements. As I recall the largest group were on their original phone. The second largest had had to replace a phone only once. The number of people who replace a phone more than once was very small.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 12/13/2004 at 08:03 AM.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Bob, the insurance carries over to what ever phone you have. I called Lockline/Sprint week being sure I was covered and they told me that the account is covered, not the phone per se. They did confirm my 650 coverage via serial number.

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    GeekyMom:

I was replying to the original post, where Albert stated that Sprint wouldn't insure a 600 he bought on Ebay. I'm wondering what rules have changed, and why they wouldn't insure it.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Thanks for the clarification Bob. If that information is accurate, that's not good news for folks selling and buying phones on Ebay.

But then, YOU KNOW SPRINT CS. -LOL

10.    #10  
    Yeah, The Funny Thing Is Im In This Position Cuz My Last Phone [samsung660] Broke 5 Times, I Figured The Mo $ I Spend The Less Chance Of Breakage ; I Guess I Was Dead Wrong. Now I Got A Mo Exspensive Phone That Breaks Just As Easy.called Sprint They Said Its Not Covered Unless I Bought It Thru Them.this Suks!!!!thanx 4 All The Help Tho .best Beleive I Will Be Complaining On Here Soon As My Treo Breaks.1