1.    #1  
    Howdy

I bought my treo 600 in late october for I wanted a phone different that what all my friends have (flip phones). After playing with the phone quite frequently, I have determined that the phone is really good at alot of things, but not great at anything in particular. I have a few questions and i'm sorry if this's the wrong forum

1. I'm getting orange dots on my screen. I read in the faq that it's a hardware issue but that's all it mentioned. Will the insurance I have for the phone cover this? am i going to be left without a phone for a few weeks to have it fixed? What should I do?

2. I have read alot of people have GPS tracking on their phones.. how do I do that?? Like having a map and as you walk it tells ya where ya at? I want that!

3. I have pocket tunes deluxe 3.0.. I just go a 1gb sd card.. i have a card reader. Now how do i make mp3s play as ringers?

4. What good car chargers are out there for this phone? I want one that'll hook to a vent or something so i can look at the phone.

5.This's a great site here. This at mytreo.net is awesome.. thanks for the support.

6. I have movie record software and when i record a 10 second film and replay it. The video is sped up and the sound is gone. This's without a card in and when i see the memory left in the phone it's nearly empty. Is that the reason why it does that?

7. Alot of people say i sound fuzzy when i talk to them.. even when i have 2 bars.. any fixes for this?

8. Any belt clips available for the phone while i have the clip on external battery?

9. This's perhaps a real dumb question. But the only differences between the 600 and 650 are bluetooth and a better resolution screen. I'm sorry if I'm wrong.. new to the site.. that's just what i know off hand. Anyway.. is there a way to get a new screen on the 600 with better resolution?

thanks for your soon to be help.. i really appreciate it
    Heheh I'm new too..I would like the answer to # 2 as well.

As far as playing MP3's as ringers, I create a folder called audio on the card and load the mp3's on there from my PC. I use Callfilter and set rules for each caller or group and assign a ringer for it. Use the option 'Ring As Normal' and then an option that says Use MP3 will pop up..click on select and navigate to your folder of tunes. You can use lightWav also, but I never tried that program.
    1. since you bought it in oct, you should get it replaced under warranty. call your carrier. how long (if at all) you will be with out it depends. if you can walk into a store and exchange it, no delay between phones.

2. i dont use gps, but i belive this is a hard ware add on. do a search.

3. again, i dont use this but you need a third party program. do a search, there are a couple.

4. ditto. searc in the accesories section.

5. tc is better.

6. post this in the multimedia section. dont forget to state what programs you are using. fyi video in the internal ram is just crazy.

7. dont know, not happening to me, but i think you probably have sprint.

8. search/post in accessories.

9. those are the basic differences. there are a couple of more. currently there is no way to do a screen transplant.

10. search is your friend.

11. welcome to tc.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    1. Hardware deffect, coverd under the 1 year warrenty from Palm one...if sprint take to the local store and begin the fun if other carrier not sure.
    2. Requires a 3rd party GPS solution. ON the 600 it would be a serial gps reciever and software.
    3. Need 3rd party software. I use treo technician. It is by the same guy who makes butler, and he is great. Free demo can be found at palmgear. There are other apps, but they are more expensive
    4. Think you might mean a car kit...look in the acceseries section of our very own treo central...
    5. no anaswer
    6. not sure what software you are using, but http://www.infinityball.com/movierec110.aspx will do what you would like from the treo600 .
    7. COuld be hardware issue or an issue with your case. May be fixed with #1
    8. Dont use one.
    9. Nope. I have a 650 now, and it is worth it. Since you may have to return yours anyway search the 650 threads about getting an upgrade. I was able to sell my old 600 on ebay for 350, and got the 150 rebate instantly from sprint via retention, thus my total cost to go from 600->650 was $125

good luck
  5.    #5  
    thanks for the answers everyone! Well I bought my phone brand new.. but it was from ebay.. can I take it to any sprint station to get this taken care of?
    Quote Originally Posted by divine jc
    thanks for the answers everyone! Well I bought my phone brand new.. but it was from ebay.. can I take it to any sprint station to get this taken care of?

i think you should be able to, but not really sure.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by divine jc
    can I take it to any sprint station to get this taken care of?
    Yes you can. I bought mine off of EBay and i went to sprint and had them transfer my service from my old phone to the 600..took about 7-10 minutes...and i made sure my replacement plan was still intact and they said yes.

Go for it.