Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I did the same on my Treo but instead dropped it in the toilet. Took the battery and sd card out, tapped all the water out, blew dry it for about 30 min on warm 15 feet away from the blow dryer. I let it sit for another hour and when I turned it on it was fine. It's possible you still have some moisture trapped in there. Try the blow dryer again or let it sit for several more days. It's possible sinced you've tried playing with it while it wasn't completely dry, you might've shorted something and permanently damaged your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    I did the same on my Treo but instead dropped it in the toilet. Took the battery and sd card out, tapped all the water out, blew dry it for about 30 min on warm 15 feet away from the blow dryer. I let it sit for another hour and when I turned it on it was fine. It's possible you still have some moisture trapped in there. Try the blow dryer again or let it sit for several more days. It's possible sinced you've tried playing with it while it wasn't completely dry, you might've shorted something and permanently damaged your phone.
    Before flushing or after. Can't wait for all the comparisons between the phone and what was in the toilet!
    just to point out, most electronic devices can withstand hair dryer heat as long as it isn't like 2-5 inches from it.
    I feel for you. Back in the days, I had an M130 that couldn't swim either. Fried that puppy when I took the SD card out (auto turned on) You'd think that Palm would have added that feature by now. I'm not picky (breaststroke, backstroke, it doesn't matter to me)
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    I washed my old i300 in a washing machine.... it didn't make it through so well. Had insurance fortunately, Lockline replaced it and did not want it back... after a few days of the Hair Dryer action, it would light up.. but not work... after about three months of forgetting about it, I popped my battery in it and voila it worked... or so I thought... it turned out that even though the screen came on, PDA functions were there, and it looked like it was working, I could never get the phone functions back.

Wasn't that a fascinating story?... OK... let's say I was sittin' on the dumper then (like the earlier guy)... and dropped it in while... er.... you know... while I was pushing.... NOW is the story interesting?

Sorry you wetted you 650... glad you're a good guy, because you could buy the incurance and file your claim 30 days later...
    I dropped a Treo 600 in (Fresh) water completely sumberged, no way of disconnecting the battery on those! Took it apart with a #6 torque driver dried it out couple of hours with the hair dryer, since I had it apart, wiped the screen clean as well, that was a couple of months ago and its still working fine not even any data loss. go figure. A tech friend of mine (who incidentally dropped his new powerbook into a street drain with no adverse side affects once it was dry) said the important thing is the fresh water. If it was salt you can just about right it off, but fresh water, no power to the item, and drying it out carefuly, you stand a good chance of getting away with it. Remember next time battery out straight away. Good Luck.
    Sorry to hear it dude, but in the future:

1. Get insurance or
    2. Be more careful with your $600 devices

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    Sorry to hear it dude, but in the future:

1. Get insurance or
    2. Be more careful with your $600 devices

Thanks man, I'll try to remember that next time.

By the way, the phone has been in the tupperware container for about 18 hours how with the silica, and the screen still looks like it has water underneath.
    more silica!!!!!!!!!
    Add heat! Put in above an incandescent bulb high enough such that the Treo is not too hot to the touch. You won't damage it. Leave it there for 24 hours or until the moisture has boiled off under the screen then try to power up.

Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    more silica!!!!!!!!!
    Anyone ever try putting a wet device by an air conditioner? By nature air conditioners remove water from the air and put out very dry air. If you put your treo right in front of an AC vent it might dry it out as the dry air passes through it. Just a thought...

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware
    Before flushing or after. Can't wait for all the comparisons between the phone and what was in the toilet!
    haha nothing fortunately. My phone was sitting on the toilet tank and I was cutting my hair when my phone rang. I didn't wanna mess my fade so I ignored the call. I didn't think the phone would move that much but was I wrong. Now thx to Egrips...I no longer have to worry about my phone sliding away...
    Well, I saw you needed help, so I rushed out to my DeLorean and prepped to head back and convince you to get the insurance at the time of purchase, but unfortunately I dropped my flux capacitor in the kitchen sink last week. Seriously, how are we supposed to help? I don't know, but it seems like every week another thread like this pops up, so seriously, I'm gonna help future "mishap-havers" right now. If you don't have insurance on your SIX HUNDRED dollar PDA/phone, get off this site, pick up a phone and call your carrier to add it...RIGHT NOW!!!! It is simply assinine not to.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    No insurance?????...Dude...its a $400-$600 phone...Insurance cost $5 a month...I guess some people have to learn the hard way
    Palm VIIx >>>Palm 505 >>>Palm Treo 650 Palm 700p >> Palm Centro >> Palm Pre
    Does Cingular offer equipment insurance? I don't see it in the list of available features for my plan.
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Does Cingular offer equipment insurance? I don't see it in the list of available features for my plan.
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $they$ $don$'$t$ $for$ $the$ $650$.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Try microwave.
    Light cook, for 35 seconds.

Take it easy !!
    Sorry for your loss..
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    Try microwave.
    Light cook, for 35 seconds.
    Holy cr@p, I do hope you're kidding. Oven, maybe; microwave, never!
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by jetkins
    Holy cr@p, I do hope you're kidding.[/i]
    offcourse!
    This badboy is starting to look attractive after hearing such stories.
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../4-23--176.htm
    Just wondering...

Have you tried contacting Sprint CS and asking them to add insurance coverage?

You'd have to wait a month, I think, before making a claim but it's better than losing a $600 investment.
    This is my tagline. There are many like it but this one is mine.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast