1.    #1  
    News is that Palm Source is going to develop a Linux version of the Palm OS. Read on

This could be big for the next Treo or Tungsten... in like 3 year

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  2.    #2  
    Ok so i read this artical a few times and this stuck out to me...

"PalmOS will become a middleware layer and application stack that should run on most any Linux kernel. PalmOS will not be available under an open source license. Rather, PalmSource will continue to license the technology to hardware partners. However, those hardware partners will no longer be limited to "palm-compatible hardware," but will be positioned to evaluate, design, and build on any of the myriad hardware platforms that support Linux. "

Could we see a Palm OS OQO some day? OR a PalmOS Laptop? or something similar? That would something to call home about. That is exciting. I just hope the company does not die before this can take off.

You go PalmSource! Cross the Chasm!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    A PalmOS Laptop might not be in the future but I always thought PalmOS appliances would work. Think of a Tivo-like box that you can expand it's apps to your needs. Sure you can have your DVR functions and control them through your remote but why not have more with a plugin architecture!

If ported right, you'd be able to do lot's of cool things with this. From a cell phone perspective, I don't see how this really going to be an improvement though.