Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Hey people. I'm very pleased that my first Treo book finally hit the shelves a few days back:

http://store.treocentral.com/content.../2-50--102.htm

Now this isn't so much a gratuitous plug as a thank-you to the members of TreoCentral, without whom this book would never have been possible. I did a lot of research on this site to help come up with essential Treo accessories and software, as well as to address some of the most frequent troubleshooting issues I saw here.

In particular, I tried to plug TreoCentral as much as possible, hence:

"I can't stress enough how useful a resource TreoCentral is for any Treo user. Check it out: http://www.treocentral.com" (p.94)

I also covered Treo Butler as one of my top-10 must-have items. My only regret is that there wasn't enough space to cover the Treo camera. Sorry!

If you're even in my stomping grounds of Santa Cruz, San Mateo, or Tahoe City, email me and I'd be honored to autograph your copy over a beer.

Now I can finally focus my free time on getting VolKeys and Profiler up to par, hang in there!

-Jeff Ishaq
    Palm OSŪ Certified Developer
    Cool! I'm such a geek I might pick it. How could you not even mention the camera though?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treosixoo
    How could you not even mention the camera though?
    Well, there simply wasn't room. The editors say "ok, you have 128 pages but production tells us we can only have 100, so what should we trim out?" Just like that. I figured the camera was fairly intuitive, and that it was more important to cover topics like network hotsync, playing MP3s, essential apps & hardware, troubleshooting, and such.

Plus honestly, I'm not too hot on the Treo camera anyway. It sucks, and there's not much you can say about it other than "push the button" and "it sucks."

-Jeff Ishaq
    Palm OSŪ Certified Developer
    Understandable Jeff. I'll have to check it out. I take it that you focus more on the T600 or is it on all Treo models?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Jeff,
    Palm has come out with a book on the Treo 650. How is it different from yours?