Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyone have a free dba that includes 2005 holidays? or where i can find it?

did the 650 come with updated list?

thanx.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Hmmmm I just downloaded it from freeware palm i think

http://www.freewarepalm.com/clock/2005usaholidays.shtml

from that page:

"Description:
    This is a .dba file that you can import into the Palm Calendar viathe Palm Desktop.

A single file contains 36 common USA holidays, secular dates, and other events (see list).

It only works with programs that support the Palm .dba import function, like Palm Desktop. "
    Anyone else have a .dba file for 2005 holidays? This one on freewarepalm.com doesnt seem to work anymore.
    Nevermind I think I found something that will work.
    And what would that be FreePour? You reply saying <"I found something that will work"> yet don't offer it up? What gives?
    I'm using HolidayUSA v1.1 on my Treo 600 which is free and apparently not the same app as mentioned above. Have you guys tried it?
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Just found it. Thanks Turbo. Loaded fine. Done in about 30 seconds after app download. Loaded as "unfiled" category but not too much of an issue changing to "holiday" category and adding icons where applicable. Thanks.
    Thanks for this thread. I have been looking for this. I can not, however, figure from comments exactly how to get into my treo. I sync with outlook. If someone could go over the steps to get the file, down load file and then get to treo, I would appreciate it.
    Do any of these work with the 650?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    HolidayUSA - does the trick!
    At the risk of getting shot down for mention a Microsoft product...

Outlook 2003 can be configured to populate itself with all kinds of national and religious hollidays.

Once done, simply hotsync

I get a strange satisfaction by having my T600 display US & Canada, Swedish & Australian, and Jewish, Islamic & Christian holidays together - a world of peace in my palm (bad pun intended)

Palm M100 --> GSM Treo 600 --> GSM Treo 650 --> GSM Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc
    Thanks for this thread. I have been looking for this. I can not, however, figure from comments exactly how to get into my treo. I sync with outlook. If someone could go over the steps to get the file, down load file and then get to treo, I would appreciate it.
    I use palm Desktop not Outlook but for what it's worth I'll tell you what I did. After downloading the app to your PC you hot sync to get the app on your Treo. Then after choosing which Holidays/years you want on your Treo, you access the drop down menu which gives you the option of adding this info to your Palm.

Once you select that, the holidays will appear in the calendar on your Treo. Once your sync, it will appear on the desktop app, hopefully Outlook.

I hope this works for your.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Thanks! I didnt even think of this method! WOrked like a charm for me...

Quote Originally Posted by Swingstylez
    At the risk of getting shot down for mention a Microsoft product...

Outlook 2003 can be configured to populate itself with all kinds of national and religious hollidays.

Once done, simply hotsync

I get a strange satisfaction by having my T600 display US & Canada, Swedish & Australian, and Jewish, Islamic & Christian holidays together - a world of peace in my palm (bad pun intended)

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Great lead re looking to OUtlook.

I have outlook 2000, I think. went Outlook, Tools, Options, Calender Options, Add Holidays, default is United States, ok, ok. sync and in both out look and treo.

Would not have thought of it. It was easy, intuitive. Thanks for lead.

I still can not find a list of common airline numbers, renta car numbers and hotel numbers like I have in my Lett's of London. Had to buy a small Lett's this year, just to have it. Must be in some Palm program somewhere, but where?

Thanks again for the lead to Outlook.

Godfrey
    Quote Originally Posted by vitb9doc
    Great lead re looking to OUtlook.

I have outlook 2000, I think. went Outlook, Tools, Options, Calender Options, Add Holidays, default is United States, ok, ok. sync and in both out look and treo.

Would not have thought of it. It was easy, intuitive. Thanks for lead.

I still can not find a list of common airline numbers, renta car numbers and hotel numbers like I have in my Lett's of London. Had to buy a small Lett's this year, just to have it. Must be in some Palm program somewhere, but where?

Thanks again for the lead to Outlook.

Godfrey

I"m not sure this will work for you but the following link is a free Mobile Data Base where you will have access to thousands of DBs including airline and hotel Tel numbers (not sure of UK numbers). Worth checking out.

www.mobiledb.com

LOL
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    techprincesse and vitb9doc,
    You're welcome
    I spoke too soon. Outlook only put in President's day. did not do July 4th or other holidays. I reloaded twice--still no July 4th, etc.

Any advise?

Thanks.
    I mean advice?
    Did anyone discover missing dates? I have all the holidays I know of as well as July 4th. When is President's Day?
    I didnt get any missing dates. Mine has Presidents Day and 4th of July and everything else all throughout the year. I selected USA Holidays and Christian and Jewish Religious Holidays as well. Maybe try again in outlook and see if it takes?

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast