1.    #1  
    I have tried the service, it is CHEAP, and works! Major plus, they only take payments via PayPal. One MAJOR problem: Do I need to mention, access to cellphone voicemail boxes that are set to read caller ID and grant access without a password.

Article

Guess, it is time to turn my password back ON!
    Is that really the way it works (voicemail?)? It doesn't know that you are actually calling from their network and not any phone in the world?
  3.    #3  
    I tired it from my landline to my Sprint phone - worked without a hitch. Kinda scary, I think this issure should be more public!
    There was an news item on Future Tense (A Minnesota Public Radio program) about this.

http://www.publicradio.org/columns/f...04/10/29.shtml
  5.    #5  
    How can we get this important issue to the front page... To defeat voicemail all you have to do is spoof a number. This is not good.
    I've changed my setting. Thanks for the headsup!
    In our office phone system we can specify any number to show up as the outgoing caller id. Anyone with a PRI interface to the phone network can do it, so it has been around for a long time.
  8.    #8  
    I think that is even worse! Well, that still limited it to businesses. Now every Tom, ****, and Harry can do it. I think every user should re-enable their voicemail pin.
    Last edited by XistBoi; 11/23/2004 at 08:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by XistBoi
    I have tried the service, it is CHEAP, and works! Major plus, they only take payments via PayPal. One MAJOR problem: Do I need to mention, access to cellphone voicemail boxes that are set to read caller ID and grant access without a password.

Article

Guess, it is time to turn my password back ON!
    Thanks, just switched mine.
  10.    #10  
    How do we spread the word on this issue?
    in most cell phones you can specify that you want to enter a code to check voice mail regardless of the caller ID of the incoming call, i know you can do that with Sprint
    Treoing & Loving it
    I signed up for the service to see if it would work to defeat my own voicemail. It doesn't seem to - I got a voicemail from 555-555-5555.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    New member here. I don't have a treo 650 yet, plan on getting one this weekend. Have Always used pin, because I have a habit of loosing my phone places and like the extra security at least. Also is there anyway to make a treo require a password at boot?
    Thanks in advance
    Lord_Rahl