1.    #1  
    I'm planning on upgrading to the new Treo 650 from an old Handspring 90 model. My question is this: I want to be able to send MS Word Doc via email on my 650. I do not want to lose any formating in th process. Will I need any additional programs on the 650 to be able to do this?

Thanks,

Mortgageguy
    Get Documents to Go (dataviz.com)
  3.    #3  
    Doesn't Documents to Go come loaded on the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageguy
    Doesn't Documents to Go come loaded on the 650?
    No, it's not preloaded on the 650, but instead you have to install it from the CD that comes with your 650.
    Yes, the Documents To Go software is an add-on software offered by palmOne. However, if you purchase products from other vendors, then inquire first. Some resellers dont provide add-on software to the installation CD.
    You can also pull a word doc from your work/home computer via www.sproqit.com.

I have been using it for a few days and it is super easy. It pulls documents/folders/e-mail/ calendar directly in to your PDA from the wk or office. The word documents come up in word. and then you can compose, save etc in the PDA and wamo it goes onto your hone/wk computer. You do not have to sync.
    Another option: If you're using SnapperMail, you can beam the document to your Treo after renaming it as follows:

Original name = document.doc

New name = document^_doc.mail

When the Treo receives it, it will ask you to confirm that you want to send the document to Snapper. The document will then be an attachment in a new message.

Disclaimer: This works on the 600 with SnapperMail. Other hardware software combinations may not work.

--------------------------

Another option: put the doc on your SD card, then attach the file to an email
    Quote Originally Posted by mortgageguy
    I'm planning on upgrading to the new Treo 650 from an old Handspring 90 model. My question is this: I want to be able to send MS Word Doc via email on my 650. I do not want to lose any formating in th process. Will I need any additional programs on the 650 to be able to do this?

Thanks,

Mortgageguy
    If you purchase a 650, then it should come bundled with both DTG7 and versamail. DTG supports viewing/editing of native MS WOrd, Excel and Powerpoint. You can also email or receive as attachments these files via Versamail...

Cheers!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions