1.    #1  
    Here is the latest I just Recieved from Palm 1 Dir of Dev. and I am impressed by this response...it was also CCd to several palm execs...I now believe they are seriously considering making this right...now lets give them a chance.

XXXX

I want you to know we are not ignoring this. Our team is looking into this and we need to make sure we have our facts straight as a team prior to making informal or formal responses that may confuse the issues. I have been in heavy email threads internally on this topic over the last 24 hrs and the community of users is indeed important.

Please give us the benefit of the doubt for several days while we evaluate the situation. We do care and I hope our engagement in a dialogue with you is a sign of our commitment to overall product quality.

Cheers,

Peter

?
    Sent: Sat 11/20/2004 8:42 AM
    To: Peter xxx
    Subject: Re: Some people-based gentle suggestions on dealing with memory problem on Treo 650

>
    > Peter, while I appreciate the reply, it is the stock political answer...no
    > commitment.
    >
    >
    > While your loyal customers will give Palm the mature professional time to fix
    > this...I don't think it matters who is right on a technical basis. The
    > perceived value of the customer is what matters. A good or bad buzz can make
    > or break a product, especially when some high visibility reviewers get a hold
    > of it a put on their spin. If palm is not pre-emptive in fixing this, and the
    > customers feel listened to, then others will hold off, think twice, delay,
    > feel vaguely unsafe, and change their mind about purchase they were about to
    > make with gusto. Many will look elsewhere.(Treo/PDA2K) this is an emotional
    > sale. Palm is not selling a phone. They are selling little kid gadget
    > excitement with a business excuse- and a dash of safety and trust. And when
    > that is damaged. People may not remember it, but they will always feel it.
    >
    > Just look at these threads...its not about the facts, its about the feelings
    > behind the facts - personal interpretation of perceived value.
    >
    > The marketing people can point to their sweet spot, and the tech people can
    > point to
    > their nonvolatile flash memory - and they will get to be right...but unless
    > they do the right thing and quickly
    > ...the people wont care.
    >
    > The perceived value of the customer is the bottom line.
    >
    > Respectfully,
    >
    > iZ
    I've just put a little more consumer pressure on them. I just got done CANCELLING my Palmone advance order! Money talks, Bullsh!t walks.

I am willing to vote with my wallet. I will be waiting to see what they will do to correct this BEFORE I give them the cash rather than have to rely on thier "Promises" to "do something".

Anyone here still waiting for WI-Fi on their 600? I found it interesting to note that they were at least smart enough to take that ridiclous claim off the box of the 650.

This will get fixed the old tried and true way-vote with your wallet!
    Last edited by MarkEagle; 11/20/2004 at 02:21 PM. Reason: <full quote removed>
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    speclcajun,

First you voted against Bush, and now against the 650.

This reaffirms that I'm on the right side of both issues.

Clue
    Quote Originally Posted by speclcajun
    I've just put a little more consumer pressure on them. I just got done CANCELLING my Palmone advance order! Money talks, Bullsh!t walks.

I am willing to vote with my wallet. I will be waiting to see what they will do to correct this BEFORE I give them the cash rather than have to rely on thier "Promises" to "do something".

Anyone here still waiting for WI-Fi on their 600? I found it interesting to note that they were at least smart enough to take that ridiclous claim off the box of the 650.

This will get fixed the old tried and true way-vote with your wallet!
    Personally, I would like to put some "consumer pressure" on treocentral and have them ban the use of politically motivated pictures and signatures. I recommend you visit cnn.com with your signatureand leave this board for discussion of the treo.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JES7
    I recommend you visit cnn.com with your signatureand leave this board for discussion of the treo.
    he actually did buy a 650, before he decided not to buy a 650....
    "is this where I can git me a Treo 650?"
    Personally I am impressed with Palm's willingness to respond & admit to the problem. My Treo hasn't been crashing nor is it out of memory, so its premature for me to complain. It's actually the most beautiful Treo I've ever seen & I'm thrilled it was released so that I could purchase it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cory J
    Personally I am impressed with Palm's willingness to respond & admit to the problem. My Treo hasn't been crashing nor is it out of memory, so its premature for me to complain. It's actually the most beautiful Treo I've ever seen & I'm thrilled it was released so that I could purchase it.
    ironically enough for me, while in the middle of a twenty minute phone call with my wife, my treo 650 crashed. mid-sentence, just went silent, took a look at it, doing the new little progress bar thing as it reloads from the nvram.

##377:
    A reset was caused on 11/20/04 at 2:21 pm while running "Phone":

Fatal Exception

eeeeeeeeesssshhh.
    Paul Theodoropoulos
    <a href=http://www.anastrophe.com>www.anastrophe.com</a>
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    he actually did buy a 650, before he decided not to buy a 650....
    LMAO
    so much for this thread
    keep on to the topic guys, else this thread will be closed.