Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Anyone know of a program or website where I can get real time TV listings in a mobile format?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    SecondScreenTV at RemoteGuide.com. Works quite well.
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Anyone know of a program or website where I can get real time TV listings in a mobile format?

Here the link to the mobile TG Guide site:

http://wireless.tvguide.com/(4hiyfeq...2v)/index.aspx

Then there are also other ooptions like What's On and Pocket TV Browser. The former is a cool freeware btw, but requires sync:

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=&prodID=52041

http://www.doublebit.com/ptvb/

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Thanks! I've been hunting for an on-line TV guide without luck. This works great and I don't have to run an application.
    For fun & profit & Christ,
    TWF in Chicago
    I can get the link to TV Guide to work on my lapop but not on my Treo browser. Any ideas? I really liked Pocket TV Browser but when I switched to a Macintosh it no longer worked since it requires Windows. Is there any program out there similar to Pocket TV Browser which allows you to download TV listings to your Treo via a Mac?
  6. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregj777
    I can get the link to TV Guide to work on my lapop but not on my Treo browser. Any ideas? I really liked Pocket TV Browser but when I switched to a Macintosh it no longer worked since it requires Windows. Is there any program out there similar to Pocket TV Browser which allows you to download TV listings to your Treo via a Mac?
    Change provider
    The TV Guide wireless site still shows me nothing. I changed providers, and regardless of what I pick when it goes back to the listings they're just not there. Does TV Guide even still support that site?
    I had that problem before... try clearing your cache, etc. It eventually worked for me. I used it just yesterday.

Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by VetPsychWars
    I had that problem before... try clearing your cache, etc. It eventually worked for me. I used it just yesterday.

Tom
    I cleared cookies, cache, and my mind... nothing but a blank screen (other than "listings 1200PM" or whatever hour it is). Nothing works. I have my storage for web pages set to the max (9MB) and still nothing. Ugh.
    I think the last time I navigated to it from the regular TV Guide site (slow) and that worked... try that?

Tom
    I think you can also navigate to the mobile version of the TV Guide site, from most of the various mobile site aggregators out there. Try treobits.com, or treo600essentials.com - all those guys that front end the various sub sites should have the TV Guide as one of their sub listings. That's how I found it many months ago.

I use it ALL the time - like having the entire TV Guide, for specific area, in your hand all the time. Awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    I think you can also navigate to the mobile version of the TV Guide site, from most of the various mobile site aggregators out there. Try treobits.com, or treo600essentials.com - all those guys that front end the various sub sites should have the TV Guide as one of their sub listings. That's how I found it many months ago.

I use it ALL the time - like having the entire TV Guide, for specific area, in your hand all the time. Awesome.
    I couldn't find anything at the tresessestials but I did navigate from treobits to the TV Guide palm site, but again, there were no listings there just some entertainment news, and no links for the listings.

So far I have found 2 versions of this that I am putting into my Blazer browser: www.wireless.tvguide.com/(extensive additional url info) and www.tvguide.com/palm. The browser can go to both sites but once I pick a zip code etc there are no listings no matter what. I've tried different browsers for the Palm system and nothing works. Also neither site shows any listings when I go to it on my mac as well. I did a google search and found some info that the wireless TV Guide site was down but that post was from August of 04.

Any further ideas? Thanks for the suggestions so far.
    I have had the same results (no listings) for several months. I think TV Guide turned off the mobile access sometime in the middle of last year.

Very annoying.
    Scratch my previous post.

it does work with updated link and deleting both cookies and cache.

(lame that you have to do that)
    I was able to finally get the listings by selecting a different Time Warner system about 20 miles south of here in a different suburb. No idea why the main city listings aren't available. But after all that, these TV Guide listings are a joke. It only lists the first 20 or so channels, no details unless you click the link. You get the other - uh, 290 channels to SCROLL THROUGH (read: not) by clicking another link. I'd almost underwrite funding of Pocket TV Browser for a Mac version.

Thanks though for all your help. The result was not what I suspected and is essentially useless. Ah I miss PTVB!