1.    #1  
    I have searched this forum and have not been successful in finding an answer. I am currently using Act on my desktop. I am also using Outlook. I would like to be able to sync my contacts and calendar with both Act and Outlook. It seems to me that I have heard of a product that does this. Does anyone know of such a product? Thanks for the info.
    I use Act 6 for my desktop and have purchased Act for my t600. Both work great. I also use Outlook for my personal appts. and I am able to sync that as well with my t600. Yes you heard that correctly. I am able to use both databases (as long as I have installed the ACT software on my t600 which was about $30? at Office Depot). If you don't want to buy the software and just want to "port" the information into your Outlook from ACT you can go to ACT's web site and download the Palm sync tool if you don't have it already. I used to use this sync tool for my pocket pc because ACT doesn't make software for pocket pc therefore I was only able to use ACT and port it into my Outlook on my pocket pc and couldn't use the outlook on my desktop to sync into my pocket pc. Your palm os works similarly. It will only allow you to use one source for a database to sync with your palm devices outlook calendar and contacts. So, unless you want to merge all of your info from act and outlook together and then port all of it into your palm, I recommend getting the Act software for palm, installing it and using both act and outlook on both your desktop and palm os seperately as I do. I hope this helps.
    Brain Cell...........
    I do exactly as you do and it works great and I can keep my personal stuff out of the office as others use act in the office. I do know about marking them private but I have a serious case of CRS and this works better.

As a side question I use VolumeRocker and TreoTweak to help eliminate the need to use the stylist in Act for Palm. They both solve part of the need for a stylis, but not all of it and I believe Treo Tweak is causing some soft resets. Have you found anyway to make Act for Palm work without a stylist(or your finger)?

Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Quote Originally Posted by curtarmy
    Have you found anyway to make Act for Palm work without a stylist(or your finger)?

Curt

Not yet but I would love to. Post a link to those programs you are using so I can try them as well please, unless they are not free of course. Also, have you found a way to dial from ACT? This would be most useful. Do you think Act for palm will work in the 650? I just ordered a Jabra bluetooth adapter for my 600. I'll let you know how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by braincell
    Not yet but I would love to. Post a link to those programs you are using so I can try them as well please, unless they are not free of course. Also, have you found a way to dial from ACT? This would be most useful. Do you think Act for palm will work in the 650? I just ordered a Jabra bluetooth adapter for my 600. I'll let you know how it works.
    Brain Cell;

Dialing is not a problem .... Act for Palm I believe needs two downloads from the Act website. Register as a user and go to the downloads area, and you will find an update 1.1??? for Act for Palm and a Telephony fix. download and install first the update and then the telephony fix and there will be a telephone icon on your contacts page hit it and select the telephone number you want to call and then hit dial and you are there.

As for the two programs...
    VolumeRocker is freeware and available a number of places including I think Palmgear, freewarepalm, and mytreo.

Treo Tweak is available at treotools. I think it costs maybe $5 or $9 or some smaller amount. I may infact uninstall Treotweak as it is my number one suspect as to why my treo has reset a number of times including for or five times when I was using the web browser and got a call. My treo reset and the call did not go into missed calls (a TreoTweak feature).

Volume Rocker works OK you set it up and then you press ond hold the center button and it makes the up and down buttons work on some of the pages in Act for Palm. (but not everywhere unfortunately.)

Good luck
    Curt
    Curt

StarTAC ST7868W w/ Motorola StarTAC Clipon Organizer; Treo 600; Treo 700P; Palm Pre Plus all on Verizon
    Let ACT know now that you are interested in an update for ACT! for Palm OS via http://act.com/products/other/palm/notify
    and also call Customer Service asking for details on when they will have an update for the Treo 650 Palm OS v5.4 ****CALL- 877-386-8083 ****