1.    #1  
    Dear all,

I don't have a Treo 600 (going to join this Treo bandwagon very very soon) and I would really love to see it for myself how is it like to watch a video encoded at 160x160.

Thus, with a Zire 71(my younger bro's), I encoded a music video at 160x160 and watched it.

Looks bad but still acceptable...considering not many phones out there have movie playback function...

My question is: How accurate will my test be? Or could it be worse?

Thanks all and god bless
    well if you are intereseted in Video playback I would def get the Treo 650. I has a processor that is double the speed, and the screen is high res. The 600's video playback is probly at par with the zire 71's.
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  3.    #3  
    On par...but but but Zire 71 screen is 320x320?

Yeah, I would really love to get the Treo 650 BUT I freakin live in Singapore...how in the world can I get it...I would still have to wait at least half a year before it comes to Asia-Pacific shores.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lure_Angler
    On par...but but but Zire 71 screen is 320x320?

Yeah, I would really love to get the Treo 650 BUT I freakin live in Singapore...how in the world can I get it...I would still have to wait at least half a year before it comes to Asia-Pacific shores.

Yes, but as you state in you previous post, you encoded the vid at 160x160 resolution!! Try encoding at 320x320 with at min 15 fps or more and watch via mmplayer or kinoma and then compare the quality. The 650 and Z72 will have the same proc and thus the video playback should be similar...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is MMPlayer stable yet? Last time I tried it, it crashed horribly.
  6.    #6  
    oh ok...I get it...sorry, misunderstood the words...

So my simulation test is accurate then eh?
    I have mmplayer on t600. Haven't had it crash once. As to picture quality, I have transferred one movie and two tv shows to my treo, and the picture quality is very acceptable.

Of course I'm really looking forward to seeing video on the 650.

Cluemeister
  8.    #8  
    That's very reassuring Clue...