1.    #1  
    If someone e-mails you an appointment from outlook's calendar, can you add it to your calendar?
    Thanks in advance.
    Yes, you can. At least, I do it with my Visto software as I can accept or decline appointments received from outlook emails.
    I do it all the time. After you have a new appointment sent to you all you have to do is a sync and the new appointment will be on your phone.
    There is a difference between an Exchange meeting invite and a vCal appointment attachment AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $If$ $you$ $receive$ $an$ $Exchange$ $invite$ $in$ $a$ $non$-$Outlook$ $email$ $client$, $it$ $will$ $appear$ $as$ $a$ $normal$ $email$ $but$ $not$ $as$ $an$ $invite$ $you$ $can$ $add$ $to$ $your$ $calendar$. $I$ $tried$ $sending$ $a$ $meet$ $to$ $my$ $Hotmail$ $account$ $but$ $they$ $seem$ $to$ $block$ $Exchange$ $invites$ $so$ $I$ $could$ $not$ $test$ $this$.

vCal files can be exported easily from Outlook and then added as a file attachment. The email attachment is a vCal file (.vcs). This is a universal format understood by many PIM applications and also by the Mail app built into the Treo 600. If you send a calendar appointment out by the Treos mail app, the vCal format is also what is used.

PS Outlooks ICS format is not the same as VCS format.
    Last edited by Poryphyron; 11/16/2004 at 11:29 PM.