WHAT THE HELL IS BLUETOOTH ????
    WHAT ARE ITS BENIFITS???

AND IS IT GOING TO BE OFFERED WITH SPRINT WHEN THE T650 COMES OUT??
    Bluetooth is a shortrange networking protocol. It lets you send files and stuff, but the best use is the use of wireless headsets. It will be offered with the Sprint 650. You can wirelessly hotsync and use headsets with it. You will not be able to use it as a wireless modem for your PC until they update the firmware in the future.
    Just to add to KRamsauer's great answer:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ight=Bluetooth
    What The Hell Is A Shortrange Networking Protocol?
    I'm Still Dont Get It?

But Will It/will Not Come With The T650 [bluetooth]??
    Nice little faq for ya:
    http://bluetooth.com/help/faq.asp
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by RYAN
    I'm Still Dont Get It?

But Will It/will Not Come With The T650 [bluetooth]??
    Yes it comes built in Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekara
    Nice little faq for ya:
    http://bluetooth.com/help/faq.asp
    ok, I read the faq.

headsets: if you buy a bluetooth headset, are you able to use it on any bluetooth phone?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Felipe, yes you will be able to use it with any BlueTooth phone.

Ryan, if you still haven't read the BlueTooth link above, in short it just means you can use accessories that are BlueTooth compatible without wires (eg. headsets, headphones, GPS, hotsync, really anything that is BlueTooth compatible). At this point, I believe Sprint is the only company that has disabled the 650's ability to act as a wireless modem via BlueTooth (you can use dial up networking with the 650 to act as a modem for your computer or laptop with a BlueTooth adapter).

Vince
    If you get a 1.1 headset, does it work with a 1.2 device? How about if you get a 1.2 headset and a 1.1 device?
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    If you get a 1.1 headset, does it work with a 1.2 device? How about if you get a 1.2 headset and a 1.1 device?
    They are backwards compatible I have been told.
    Yes bluetooth is backwards compatible both ways, the handset and the device will negotiate and operate at a standard and speed that they both are capable of.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

SO THE TREO THAT COMES OUT WITH SPRINT WILL OR WILL NOT SUPPORT BLUETOOTH????
    It will, but initially you won't be able to use it to get online through your laptop. You can still use a wireless headset and wirelessly hotsync (and of course you can still go online on your Treo.).
    Do you think the T650 will support multiple BT devices at the same time? i.e. Can I use my BT headset and say... the BT GPS receiver simultaneously?