1.    #1  
    We are a stealth startup working on a new kind of email for wireless and wireline use. We are gathering information and need your help.

Please take our survey at http://www.udeko.com/survey.php geared towards early technology adopters.

As a "carrot," we have provided some screen shots of our product at the end of the survey and an invitation to our private beta to be launched on 1Q05.

Thanks for the help,
    Terence Pua
    Co-founder, Udeko
  2.    #2  
    Btw, would appreciate any comments on what we are doing. Thanks.
    Sounds hokey to me...
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    Sounds hokey to me...
    Do you mean to say that the product sounds fake or did you mean something else?
    This looks pretty cool to me, looking forward to trying out the beta. I'm wondering though, approx how much are we going to be paying for this email solution? For those of us that have small businesses that already have solutions that work, it would have to be a pretty attractive (lots of bells and whistles) package for me to justify the expense. I do like the push technology, but the cost will still be the real deciding factor.

fp
    <a href=http://www.floydpinkerton.net>My Homepage</a><br>
    <a href=http://www.totaldialup.net>TotalDialup.com</a> My business<br>
    <a href=http://www.coverupsounds.com>Coverupsounds.com</a> (my small contribution)
    Looks pretty cool.
    I agree it looks cool, but I fear that you, like everyone else, are only concerned with Exchange email. Will you support Lotus Notes /Domino email servers? How about wireless calendar updates? Right now only Blackberry does this, as far as I know. It would be nice to have a viable alternative. I'd certainly be interested in helping to test any of that functionality....even have test domino servers to play around with.

-Joe
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    I agree it looks cool, but I fear that you, like everyone else, are only concerned with Exchange email. Will you support Lotus Notes /Domino email servers? How about wireless calendar updates? Right now only Blackberry does this, as far as I know. It would be nice to have a viable alternative.
    Actually, we are a totally outsourced solution with our own technology. The reason for this is because email servers like Exchange, Domino, etc., were built primarily for wireline use and not wireless use. Our protocols are built specifically for wireless use and thus will be faster, more efficient and use less overhead.

Calendaring will not be in the first version but will be in the 2nd version.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    What do you expect the price point to be?
    I like it.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    What do you expect the price point to be?
    That's one of the data points we are looking for via the survey. What are your pricing thoughts on this if you get the following:

- 1GB of storage
    - search-based
    - anti-spam
    - anti-virus
    - POP/IMAP access
    - POP/IMAP pinging
    - evolutionary web interface (ala rich Internet application)
    - secure wireless email
    - push-based wireless email
    - email syncing
    - contacts syncing
    - Y! Mail/Hotmail access
    - use with existing email address (or get a new domain name)
    - lots of other bells & whistles....
    Last edited by terencepua; 11/08/2004 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Forgot an item
    The last thing I need is another email address. I want something that works with an existing/any/multiple account, not something tied down to a @stealthstartup.com address.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by terencepua
    That's one of the data points we are looking for via the survey. What are your pricing thoughts on this if you get the following:

- 1GB of storage
    - search-based
    - anti-spam
    - anti-virus
    - POP/IMAP access
    - POP/IMAP pinging
    - evolutionary web interface (ala rich Internet application)
    - secure wireless email
    - email syncing
    - contacts syncing
    - Y! Mail/Hotmail access
    - use with existing email address (or get a new domain name)
    - lots of other bells & whistles....
    Most of what you list is available from other providers for about $35.00 per year. You certainly do have some premium features so I'm guessing you could get an additional $15 for them.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Most of what you list is available from other providers for about $35.00 per year. You certainly do have some premium features so I'm guessing you could get an additional $15 for them.
    TxDot,

I would agree that $35/year is about right except that when you include:
    - secure wireless email
    - email syncing
    - contacts sycing

From what I have seen, you will be charged anywhere from $5 to $10 per month and this is only for the wireless email component, which adds about $60 to $120/year in costs.

If you have seen all the additional features for a much lesser price, I would appreciate it if you could point them out. Thanks.

Terence
    Oh, and right there with my reluctance to adding another email address is my reluctance to add another monthly fee on top of my wireless service. I'll gladly pay for an application (like I did with Snappermail) once, and maybe even for upgrades when given the choice, but I'm really not interested in a monthly fee to deliver my email...even if push. Given the tradeoff, I'll gladly poll my pop accounts once in a while.