Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. rbm
    T-Mobile was the last to offer the Treo 600 it's users. I noticed that T-Mobile wasn't even mentioned as one of the later GSM vendors that would follow Sprint. What is the reason?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbm
    I noticed that T-Mobile wasn't even mentioned as one of the later GSM vendors that would follow Sprint. What is the reason?
    Perhaps because they're...uh...not one of the later GSM vendors that would follow Sprint?
    no wifi built into Treo? T-Mobile likes to be able to sell $20 data, and another $20 hotspot plan.. they have a pocket pc they can push to do that, why need a treo?
    -Michael Ducker
    TreoCentral Staff
  4. rbm
    very illuminating ... what an interesting, intelligent reply
    Actually, Verizon was the last to offer the Treo 600, that's in Los Angles... not sure if this was the case anyway else. I remember too T-mobile was not a very long wait after Sprint or At&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayizaac
    Actually, Verizon was the last to offer the Treo 600, that's in Los Angles... not sure if this was the case anyway else. I remember too T-mobile was not a very long wait after Sprint or At&T.
    officially, it was a long wait.

t-mo took their time to have it in their stores.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    My efforts yielded this:

"Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

I understand that you are requesting information on when the Treo 650 will be available. I will be happy to assist you with this information. T-Mobile has not announced an official release date at this time. We are constantly adding to our line-up of fantastic products so please check back with us often. For the most current information on the products that T-Mobile offers, please visit our website at T-Mobile.com or your local T-Mobile retail store.

If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.
    Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    ///Marshall
    Technical Services"

I'm pretty bumbed man.
    You can always do like we all did with the 600, and when Cingular/ATT release their unlocked version - scoop it up. Why wait for T-Mo?
    Also if you get the phone from Palmone, they will configure it for T-Mobile. I have never bought a Treo from carrier. Palm already announced to Roadshow attendees that it would work with T-Mobile. In fact one of the Palm employees there was running T-Mobile that I talked to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    You can always do like we all did with the 600, and when Cingular/ATT release their unlocked version - scoop it up. Why wait for T-Mo?
    That's exactly what I plan on doing on the 16th at the roadshow in NYC. Your t-mobile sim will have all the data prefs you need to connect to T-zones or T-mobile internet. I purchased an unlocked ROW Treo 600 from P1 and when I popped my t-mobile sim in, everything for data was setup. I assume the same will happen with an unlocked Treo 650. If you wait for T-mobile, you'll have it in 2005.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alli
    That's exactly what I plan on doing on the 16th at the roadshow in NYC. Your t-mobile sim will have all the data prefs you need to connect to T-zones or T-mobile internet. I purchased an unlocked ROW Treo 600 from P1 and when I popped my t-mobile sim in, everything for data was setup. I assume the same will happen with an unlocked Treo 650. If you wait for T-mobile, you'll have it in 2006.
    This is the response I got after asking t-mobile for an unofficial release date (lol) :
    Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile, however, we are unable to provide details as to when new phone models will be introduced to the market, officially or unofficially.
    Can anyone give me some insight about what an unlocked phone is? How do I know that I'm purchasing a treo 650 that will work with a T-Mobile SIM Card?

And when will an unlocked GSM Treo 650 comeo out?
    Chipallen,

An phones can be "locked" for certain phone carriers...that is, they can't be used for anyother. It is likely the 650 will work with a T-mobile SIM card if it's unlocked. No one knows for sure when GSM 650 will be out, though I'm speculating 2005.

Anyhow, if T-mobile doesn't release its version of the Treo, I at least hope that they will offer customer support on it.
    Don't get all paranoid by the locked/unlocked posters on this board. Handspring/Palmone has never locked a Treo GSM. If you put the Sim card in it it will work, as for support. The carrier supports the phone side and Handspring/Palmone has always supported the rest, except for Sprint. There is nothing phone or internetwise the is different than the 600 and it is supported by T-Mobile.

My question to LOCKED/UNLOCKED posters is "Have you ever had a Treo GSM that was locked?" The only mumblings I hear are from ATT customers, did ATT lock Treos when they sold them?
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    My question to LOCKED/UNLOCKED posters is "Have you ever had a Treo GSM that was locked?" The only mumblings I hear are from ATT customers, did ATT lock Treos when they sold them?
    att and t-mo locked their version of the 600.

orange also locked it.
    Felipe
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    att and t-mo locked their version of the 600.

orange also locked it.
    Interesting, I had a non-Treo T-mobile phone that I brought to the Country Bash Concert because I didn't want to trash my Treo when I got trashed. I put in my cingular card and it didn't work.

It would let me call T-mobile, that is all. I called them, they unlocked the phone remotely. Is this unusual that they unlocked it?
    Don't get all paranoid by the locked/unlocked posters on this board. Handspring/Palmone has never locked a Treo GSM. If you put the Sim card in it it will work, as for support. The carrier supports the phone side and Handspring/Palmone has always supported the rest, except for Sprint. There is nothing phone or internetwise the is different than the 600 and it is supported by T-Mobile.

My TMO 600 was locked, but all I had to do to get them to unlock it was tell them that I needed it unlocked so I could travel overseas to Orange and they gave me an unlock code. I had tried a friend's Cingular SIM first and verified that it was locked, then after I tried both a Cingular and ATT SIM to be sure it was unlocked.
    Interesting, I had a non-Treo T-mobile phone that I brought to the Country Bash Concert because I didn't want to trash my Treo when I got trashed. I put in my cingular card and it didn't work.

It would let me call T-mobile, that is all. I called them, they unlocked the phone remotely. Is this unusual that they unlocked it?
    remotely?!?!?! That is a new one for me, never heard of them doing it remotely.... hmm.... I've always had to put a code in and reset the phone. Both on Nokia and Treo
    It was a while ago, maybe they gave me a code, I guess I was trashed.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper0775
    My TMO 600 was locked, but all I had to do to get them to unlock it was tell them that I needed it unlocked so I could travel overseas to Orange and they gave me an unlock code. I had tried a friend's Cingular SIM first and verified that it was locked, then after I tried both a Cingular and ATT SIM to be sure it was unlocked.

t-mo is pretty good at unlocking.

i hear att is a pain at doing it.
    Felipe
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast