Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I switched from T-Mobile to ATT 3 months ago to get a deal on a Treo 600. T-Mobile had a stronger signal, was $10 per month cheaper for voice and $30 per month cheaper for unlimited data. You do the math!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady99
    I switched from T-Mobile to ATT 3 months ago to get a deal on a Treo 600. T-Mobile had a stronger signal, was $10 per month cheaper for voice and $30 per month cheaper for unlimited data. You do the math!
    Well if I were you, unless you are in a remote location, you service should kick T-mobiles **** after the merger. My service was Cingualar was very good before, but since the merger it is great. Call ATT and ask when your market is due to merge, or post it and I can try find out for you.
    I am 3 blocks from Harvard Square. When I cannot get ATT, I do a network search and it shows T-Mobile but my phone is locked and I am not permitted to connect.
    Quote Originally Posted by miradu
    no wifi built into Treo? T-Mobile likes to be able to sell $20 data, and another $20 hotspot plan.. they have a pocket pc they can push to do that, why need a treo?
    Yes, and I will even buy it when they have roaming agreements with other hotspot providers. Until then I will continue to prefer PDANet (which I am now using on Amtrak between NY and Washington).
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna
    Also if you get the phone from Palmone, they will configure it for T-Mobile. I have never bought a Treo from carrier. Palm already announced to Roadshow attendees that it would work with T-Mobile. In fact one of the Palm employees there was running T-Mobile that I talked to.
    Easy for P1 to say. All of the necessary configuration data is carried on the SIM. I bought a Cingular phone, dropped my T-Mo SIM in it and both voice and data worked with no other changes. (Snappermail e-mail configuration had already been imported on a sync.)
    Last edited by whmurray; 11/07/2004 at 11:39 AM.
    I am 3 blocks from Harvard Square. When I cannot get ATT, I do a network search and it shows T-Mobile but my phone is locked and I am not permitted to connect.
    Probably not a phone problem but and AT&T / T-Mo problem. T-Mo will not pernit you to register your phone on their network because AT&T does not abide by the GSM agreement in places where it has coverage. If you were in a market where T-Mo has coverage but AT&T does not, your phone would likely work.

[I have a Sprint GSM SIM. It will not work in North America.]
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Probably not a phone problem but and AT&T / T-Mo problem. T-Mo will not pernit you to register your phone on their network because AT&T does not abide by the GSM agreement in places where it has coverage. If you were in a market where T-Mo has coverage but AT&T does not, your phone would likely work.

[I have a Sprint GSM SIM. It will not work in North America.]
    I don't know about the SPrint GSM but of course it wouldnt work in North America because it is a Sprint Sim card designed for Europe. But the part about t-mobile not permitting you is not true. If you put a T-mobile sim card in, an unlocked Treo will register on T-mobiles network. I right now I physcially have a T-moible non Treo phone and Sim card, and a Cingular Sim card with a Palm One purchased phone and the T-mobile works fine.
    Brady,
    Actually, a locked phone means you can't use another company's SIM card in it, you would still be able to roam. The reason you can't roam on a TMO tower is most likely because ATT doesn't have a roaming agreement with TMO in that area. I was in a remote area a few weeks ago and could see a Cingular tower, but my unlocked TMO phone couldn't connect to it. I borrowed a friend's Cingular SIM card and was able to use it, then I put my SIM in his phone and it couldn't connect either. Roaming is tied to the SIM, not the phone. I also called TMO to ***** at them about the lack of a roaming agreement =)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12