Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Mine didn't change..

    treo 600..
    another day for you and me in paradise
  2. #2  
    Turn your wireless off, then on again. It has to handshake with the local network.

    This is assuming your using the Enable Local Network Time (via the 'Prefs' application. If you are not, or you are a GSM Treo user, then you have to change it yourself.
    Regards, Matt Burkhard
  3. #3  
    CityTime changes the time correctly within CityTime bt as Burkhardi says, the GSm Treo 600 does not have a mechanism to update the system clock. You have to do it manually twice a year. It's a big commitment :-) Still it would be nice to have it work automatically as you might oversleep or miss an appointment as a result of the change not happening.
  4. jglev's Avatar
    Posts
    403 Posts
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    CityTime changes the time correctly within CityTime bt as Burkhardi says, the GSm Treo 600 does not have a mechanism to update the system clock. You have to do it manually twice a year. It's a big commitment :-) Still it would be nice to have it work automatically as you might oversleep or miss an appointment as a result of the change not happening.
    My Sprint CDMA version is no different, so it may be the phone and not the network.
    Jeff
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    CityTime changes the time correctly within CityTime bt as Burkhardi says, the GSm Treo 600 does not have a mechanism to update the system clock. You have to do it manually twice a year. It's a big commitment :-) Still it would be nice to have it work automatically as you might oversleep or miss an appointment as a result of the change not happening.
    We had this discussion about a month ago. At that time I pointed out that Windows on the PC does automate the change. I suggested that the timecopy application running on the GSM Treo might automatically pick the change up from the PC at sync time. Indeed, this proved to be the case. Slick!
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Burkhardi
    Turn your wireless off, then on again. It has to handshake with the local network.

    This is assuming your using the Enable Local Network Time (via the 'Prefs' application. If you are not, or you are a GSM Treo user, then you have to change it yourself.
    Regards, Matt Burkhard
    It has been a while since I was a Sprint user. I had forgotten that the phone got the time once, at connect time, rather than repetitively, or it being broadcast.
  7. #7  
    I'm using a little program called aDSTKeeper ie. Automatic Daylight Savings Time Keeper.

    It's Freeware and can be found here.......

    http://www.a0soft.com/aDSTKeeper.htm

    It loads up in Preferences
    Set the time
    Set the date
    Set the Time Zone
    Select auto adjust for DST
    Auto adjust Date and Time

    and your done.

    Worked like a charm for me.
    Ancient_One
    Blood and Honour
    (Those who live in the dark shall meet the light and all shall die by my hand.)

    (Device:Palm Pilot>Handspring Deluxe>Handspring Treo 270>Sony Clie NX60U>PalmOne Treo 600)
    (Beta Tester:Pocketdimension 2 / Quirl / PalmMAME / Seven Email Client)

  8. #8  
    the forum clock hasn't changed for me, still GMT+1
    Animo et Fide
  9. #9  
    Apparently neither CityTime nor Prefs/Date&Time automatically updates DST <read this>. You'll need to update manually, or use aDSTKeeper.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

    Treo Hater's Club

    Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_One
    Been trying to download this but I could not get connection to link.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    Been trying to download this but I could not get connection to link.
    I wonder why? Could it be the timing? I did succeed in getting it. Send me a private message if you would like me to e-mail it to you.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    Apparently neither CityTime nor Prefs/Date&Time automatically updates DST <read this>. You'll need to update manually, or use aDSTKeeper.
    If you use Sprint as a carrier, or one that uses the "enable local network time" then it will do it for you. If Sprint firmware can do it, they all should be able too. It's a shame GSM ones can't perhaps that info is not sent over the air to the phone with AT&T and such? Perhaps Edge will carry that info?

Posting Permissions