1.    #1  
    It seems almost every thread has some post from someone about this new PDA2K thing. Does anyone else think that we're being "planted" with posts from people who are asked to post here?

I never even heard of this device until a couple weeks ago. If these people were so pro pocketPC/PDA2K.. why are they hanging out here?
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    Nothing wrong with those, they just want to assimilate all Treo users.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I have and have loved the T6 and t3. I have gone throught 4 t300 and now on my 3rd t600.
    I like POS and the treo form factor.
    I love the idea of having other options, choices.
    I want Palm to continue to be a viable alternative the MS because it give us users more toys to try and buy

But we pd2k posters are really testing the winds of change. Getting input form others who have our same experiance.

For me unlike most T oweners I have always wanted a slightly larger pda. I use the palm features much more than the Phone features. So looking and bouncing it off the group for me is healthy.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    No, I don't think anything evil is going on here.

What I find interesting and ominous is that I haven't seen anything like this in the over two years I have been frequenting this board. What I think this shows is that Palm1 really blew it. Here are the most loyal Treo fans in the world and there are now numerous threads about a PPC phone on a dedicated Treo site! And what are they discussing: how great this pda2k is and how many of them are abandoning the Treo and switching to a PPC. I think it is out of frustration with Palm1 and what the Treo 650 could have and should have been is what's driving away loyal fans. And that is not good for Palm1.
    Jeff
    My understanding is in every social group, there is a certain percentage of members that "walk away" when things don't live up to their expectations. That certain percentage display disaffection, disappointment, and other negative emotions. The only recourse for them is to "walk away". That is fine if that would keep them healthy.

The majority stay on a bit longer. That is, they keep the faith, for a little longer.

And outside such two groups, is a world that don't care.
    Well I started posting here because I searching for info on the Treo 650. I also lurk on howardforums and pdaphonehome and post occasionally. Now it appears as though the Treo is the standard bearer, so I continue to look at all offerings for differentiation. I'm hoping to benefit from the knowledge and experience of the early adopters. Seeing so many Treo/Palm users willing to try PPC devices should tell you something. Something that is, beyond "planted" posts designed to sway your opinion. I've been reading about the PDA2K and all its names for months on other sites.

Its a community site after all, and if the community is less then pleased, then those voices should be heard. If you are perfectly happy with what you have or what the 650 offers, its good to hear that as well. Right now the PDA2K is actually being used in the market so everyone is trying that. First to market often wins. Especially when the produce that is first appears to be superior to its competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Real-ity
    It seems almost every thread has some post from someone about this new PDA2K thing. Does anyone else think that we're being "planted" with posts from people who are asked to post here?

I never even heard of this device until a couple weeks ago. If these people were so pro pocketPC/PDA2K.. why are they hanging out here?
    No subterfuge here. It's just excitement for a new product that takes a leap forward instead of a baby step.

BTW, I used to be a huge Clie fan and posted on ClieSource.com all the time. When I saw a preview of the Treo 600, I chatted about it on those boards. It's just natural to ask others who are of your mindset what they think about a new product.

Incidentally, ClieSource isn't around any more and neither is the Clie. I wonder if that will happen to the Treo after some of the new Windows Mobile handhelds come out.
    Also, Walt Mossberg of the Wall Street Journal ran an article about the Treo 650 today and he mentioned the PDA2K too. Even he says that Windows Mobile is worth a look, and he came to the same conclusion most of us here have reached: the Treo isn't beaten, but it's dramatically losing its lead.

If you dismiss this as a conspiracy, you'll miss out on some really innovative products that are outside the world of Palm OS.
    I believe that it is better to have competition and choices. The market, if treated equally and fairly, will help determine the good product.

Nowadays, the general population are swayed by what they hear and would rather not take a chance. It is more on choice by popularity. It is a good thing that there are users on the leading edge and likes to try new toys.

Plus there are users that looks for alternatives due to what the user has defined the product being unable to satisfy his/her needs. This goes both ways and these users has everyright to choose what they want to buy and use.

Overall, competion should always exists in the marketplace to provide better product improvements for consumers but not to point that where the one marketing machine is so big and powerful that it could eclipse a true innovator.

Unfortunately, in this country, big companies with deep pockets can really crush its competition by simply flooding the market with different brands.
    After reading the blog on treonauts, I'm not as ready to jump on the PDA2k bandwagon. There have been some issues cropping up on hofo so I'll just wait a little longer. Hopefully the 650 will be of good quality and early adopters will not report problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxboro
    After reading the blog on treonauts, I'm not as ready to jump on the PDA2k bandwagon. There have been some issues cropping up on hofo so I'll just wait a little longer. Hopefully the 650 will be of good quality and early adopters will not report problems.
    the biggest problem with PDA2K it won't run perfectly with some BT headsets.
    But like any other PPCphones, almost everything will get a ROM update soon enough. Hopefully it'll be fixed in several weeks.

incidentally after iJam and P50. Treo is pretty much insignificant player.
    I don't think treo can match the upcoming XDAIV for another full year in 2006.
    The XDA IV will be the most advance PDAphone PPC ever released. It's rumored to have advance VGA screen.

Here is a picture of Ijam, PDA2K, h6300... there is also some other not yet released phones
    http://www.mpx200.org/modules/gallery/PPCSummit?page=3
    Last edited by suskind; 10/31/2004 at 09:07 AM.
    XDA IV? I had not heard of that, I'll have to look it up. For people who already have a Treo 600, you are in a different situation. I had a Kyo 6035, and a Kyo 7135, then I tried two different devices. That has been a miserable failure. Now I am looking to break my contract with Nextel and get re-converged.

That said, for the money I am looking to spend, I only really have one shot at this. I cannot jump from device to device like I have the past year and a half, it is far too expensive. I am researching any and everything about all these devices so I am knowledgeable when I go to buy. I already know the sales staff won't be able to answer my questions. That's why I am here and on howardforums and pdaphonehome every day.