1.    #1  
    From MSMobiles.

Palm has the number 2 position in "smartphones."

Read.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Victorious.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    "Symbian: 87 percent. PalmSource (makers of Palm OS operating system): 7 percent. Microsoft: 4 percent"

Where is the heck did they get this data?? I don't even know a single person with a Symbian smartphone. What country are they talking about??
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40
    "Symbian: 87 percent. PalmSource (makers of Palm OS operating system): 7 percent. Microsoft: 4 percent"

Where is the heck did they get this data?? I don't even know a single person with a Symbian smartphone. What country are they talking about??
    You know how they have all that "stuff" on Nokia phones that they market as being state of the art tools -- calendar, contacts, etc.? I think they are counting those phones as smartphones.

Sheesh, if I use that as criteria, then I could say my 600 is a multitasking device since I can use Agendus while I'm on the phone and I can receive calls while my gps is running.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40

I'm almost certain that's European data. Isn't msmobiles a Europe-based site?
    Quote Originally Posted by tjd414
    You know how they have all that "stuff" on Nokia phones that they market as being state of the art tools -- calendar, contacts, etc.? I think they are counting those phones as smartphones.

Sheesh, if I use that as criteria, then I could say my 600 is a multitasking device since I can use Agendus while I'm on the phone and I can receive calls while my gps is running.
    Exactly. The first line of the article states their definition of "smartphone":

'By "smartphone" most analysts usually mean both smartphones (without touch screen but with keypad) and PDA phones (with touch screen or with full QWERTY keyboard).'