1.    #1  
    I am new to the forum. I'm sure this question has been asked before but I'm looking for help.

How do I add voice recognition dialing to my Treo 600. I miss the ability to simply speak the phone number and have it dial the number. I had this ability on my old Treo 300 phone using sprint. Now that I've upgraded to 600 and T-Mobile I'm told that function is not available. It was VERY helpful when driving.
    THanks for your help.
    Steve
    just released today....

Voice Dialer

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=60252

and my preference....VoiceLauncher

http://mytreo.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=jfmw
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I just downloaded and tried Voice Launcher. But I'm still confused. I see how it will launch an application but what I want to do, like I did with my Treo 300 and Sprint, is speak the phone number and have it dial it. For instance, I used to be able to say "Call 555 1212" and it would dial the phone number. Can I do this with Voice Launcher or do I need a different program?
    Thanks
    Yes. Record that "Call 555 1212", then assign it to the Phone app. At that point, you can either enter a number manually or search your address book for a contact to match it with (business number of the contact only at the moment)...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5.    #5  
    Ok. My fault. Obviously I'm not explaining it correctly. I do not want to assign commonly used phone numbers.

All I want to do is have the phone dial any number I want. It could be 555-1212 or 55-6767. I do not want to store the number for future dialing.

For instance. If I want to call 555-8888. All I want it to do is allow me to say "Dial... 555-8888" and it will dial the number. I do not want to ever call that number again, assign it or anything. Just dial the number according to my saying the digits. That's what I was able to do on my Treo 300 Spring phone.

It was a blessing when driving. I didn't have to look down to dial any phone number.

Thanks!
    Yeah, I realized that a while after I wrote my original post, my fault.
    I added that to the thread over at MTDN for Jean-Francois' VoiceLauncher app as a great enhancement.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  7.    #7  
    Yup. I never thought it was a big deal. I took it for granted that all new phones had the feature. It was simple and it worked. It sure beats trying to find the right numbers to punch while you're driving
  8.    #8  
    Anyone happpen to hear anything new on this?