1.    #1  
    My treo 600 plays mp3 when I dial a number or when making outgoing calls. What I am going wrong? I have Lightwave and ptones installed.
    another day for you and me in paradise
    You have the option in Lightwav 3.1 to play a file on outbound calls. Disable the option and you should be ok.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    I tried searching for it and can't find anything..about that.
    "When you make a call you can assign any sound file to the caller. Tap on the Menu key on the keyboard or tap on the form Title and select Outbound Sounds… menu. Assigning a sound file is the same process as assigning a ringtone. You select the Contact you want to assign and then select Change Sound. Picture and Video callerID is not supported for Outbound Sound."

5.    #5  
    I appreciate your help but I am completely lost. there is nothing in lightwave 3.1 that indicates outbound calls and there is nothing in the menu to select outbound calls
    Menu -> Treo -> Outbound Sounds?

7.    #7  
    thanks Scotty. I don't have anything picked or checked to play outbound sounds.

It seems to happen if I don't reset... my ptones plays random sound now..sounds not even preset to the caller.

thanks for yor help...like your comment said it 95% user error.. this falls within the 5%... Of Pc error...
    There have been a number of posts about the outbound sound feature with LW 3.1. Toysoft sent me a "fix" for it, but it did me no good, so I reinstalled a previous version of Lightwav. In 3.1, even if the box isn't checked to activate outbound sounds, they happened randomly on my unit.