1.    #1  
    Splashpower is finally releasing their SplashPad charging mat. I saw this thing about 4 years ago and nothing came of it. I was beginning to wonder if I dreamed the whole thing up. But now they are actually releasing it. It’s about the size of a mouse pad and will charge your phone/PDA/iPod/whatever battery by simply laying the device on the pad–no wires. This would also be very cool for Bluetooth mice.

Samsung has a 5 megapixel camera with QVGA video recording for use in smartphones and TV-out interface. Why not put this in the Treo?

M-Systems will be manufacturing 256MB SIMs.

I didn’t say SD, I said SIM. The perfect place, in my mind, for Palm apps, e-mails, SMSs and the like. This is, after all, THE card that will follow you around from phone to phone. And this is the perfect place to put those less disposable bits of information that you definitely want to carry with you. This would free up the SD slot for… whatever, or let you reserve those SD cards for larger files like digitized TV shows, movies and music.

I would love to use all 3 of these with my Treo. When will manufactures incorporate this stuff? Soon, I hope.
    The pad sounds real cool.
    Thanks for the info
    When the dark clouds gather on the horizon, when thunder and lightning fills the sky, When fate is but a glint in the eye of a fallen Rattler, And hopes are lost friends, When the sinew of the chest grows weary from those hard-charging linebackers, And the muscles in the legs grow tired from those hard-charging running backs ... You must remember that the Rattlers will... Strike, Strike, and Strike again.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie

I didn’t say SD, I said SIM.
    talk about SLOW read/write speeds
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    256 MB SIMs? SWEEEEET
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    I heard of the charging pad before... Sounds great though.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Yeah, they were all on todays Engadget.com

The Splashpower requires installing modules into your equipment. The other two sound cool.

The Samsung is a T3 like slider where the sliding portion protects the camera lens. On a pic they had yesterday on Endgadget, this lens zooms like a traditional camera. It also has 92mb of memory and can hold up to 100 min of video. It also has the ability to do Text to speech, allowing it to read back text messages and the like. The screen resolution is 320 x 240 and get this, capable of 16.7 Million colors.

Here is the link for the Samsung SCH-S250
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/7447878455600756/
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by archie

I didn’t say SD, I said SIM. The perfect place, in my mind, for Palm apps, e-mails, SMSs and the like. This is, after all, THE card that will follow you around from phone to phone. And this is the perfect place to put those less disposable bits of information that you definitely want to carry with you. This would free up the SD slot for… whatever, or let you reserve those SD cards for larger files like digitized TV shows, movies and music.

I would love to use all 3 of these with my Treo. When will manufactures incorporate this stuff? Soon, I hope.
    Well, its time.
    This 256MB SIM won't be available for another couple of months, BUT...

There are manufactures that are making 1MB and, I think, even all the way up to 128MB SIMs right now (THESE should be the memory modules that Palm sends out, not the 128MB SD cards).

This means we can put thousands of contacts, thousands of SMS records, hundreds of JPEGs and even hundreds of e-mails on that one little card. This will do away with that file swapping in the new Treo 650 and the inefficient use of space for database records – saving 5-15MBs of valuable storage space.

THIS should be PalmOne's solution to their memory problems. Time to write Palm again.

I encourage everyone to write PalmOne to present this option, just as I myself will be doing, just as soon as I can write up a respectable semi-formal proposal. I say this because PalmOne would have to rewrite some elements of their software to FULLY take advantage of these new cards.

But, I whole-heartedly believe this should be their solution.

Actually, I think the better solution would have been to include more system RAM, but I digress.
    Interesting
    But our phone doesn't have a SIM slot, I don't think it would work even if they cut a hole in the case, as Sprint phones just don't use this technology. Here is a link to the palm one page that shows a phone with the SIM slot. It is number 5. Sorry.

http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s...50/details.epl
    Blue Skies,
    Wags