1.    #1  
    First time "post"er so bear with my inexperience......

I was reading through a lot of the threads re: the treo 650..... sounds like quite the buzz!! I too am planning on getting one. I've held off on the 600 due to no Bluetooth....Hey, gotta have the latestest & greatest!

My question...... I was reading a post about the flash memory in the new 650. It said (paraphrasing here) "... it is used to keep stuff in the memory while the battery is being swapped out."

The reason I'm concerned is that I own a Sharp Zaurus. I wasn't using for the longest time and when I decided to use it, I lost all the data that was on it. (It used 2 AAs and a watch type cell battery.) It left a bitter taste in my mouth as I didn't want to input everything again and then lose it all.

I'm assuming that with Treos and other PDAs, the info isn't lost when the battery is dead. Please, please tell me that isn't the case!!

Mark
    Hello Mark_Dark,

Kevin from palmOne here. I can tell you that if the battery drains to the point where the Treo 600 doesnít turn on, the Treo will store your data safely for about 3 days (the same holds true for the latest Zire and Tungsten PDAs). It's also recommended that you charge and synchronize it every day, especially if you use the phone often.

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out whatís new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    hi Mark

The 650 will have the same memory structure as the T|5 (but less memory). So when you pull the battery on the 650 to change it you will not lose your programs and data.
    The 600 will reset it's self if you pull the battery out.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about