Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    just started using my 600 with verizon, it came with palm desktop 4.1, which is older then that of my wife's tungsten e and much less sophisticated- is there an upgrade for palm desktop for the treo?
    I could be wrong but I don't think so... I also have 4.1. The 600 version is specific as it installs HotSync Manager 4.1 with the conduit for the camera and SD card.

Maybe your wife's version is specific to the Tungsten...
    www.gsmworld.com
    i hope we get the "upgraded" version for the 650
    nope
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    I dont think its comming for 600's either
    DealScanner - <- best deal site on the web
    DealScanner
    This seems like a 'versionitis' (I must have the latest version number) discussion rather than one which addresses the items you would like to see in a Treo Desktop. What features are in the newer desktop that you would like to see for Treos?

Version 4.1.4 has QuickInstall - this is nice and much better than the Install Tool.
    Other than this, the desktop is very similar. There are media conduits and additions for particular organizers such as the Zire series which have no relationship to Treos e.g. for image management for the Zire cameras.

PS A word of caution - if you upgrade to the latest Palm Desktop 4.1.4 and happen to be a Palm Desktop PIM user on the PC or Mac, your DAT files will be upgraded to the latest field layout. There is no going back if you then decide to reinstall the Treo software. Your Palm Desktop files will no longer open for Calendar and Contacts. You will have to nuke the files on your PC and then do a handheld overwrites desktop to get back to normal.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Not at all a versionitis discussion. If you compare the contacts application of both products, ther version that comes with the latest version of palm desktop blows the treo version away. For example, the latest version allows you to enter multiple addresses and numbers per entry. So you can have a work address, a home address and say, a third address. The treo version of PD allows 1 address, clearly a lesser product.
    OK, here's a question. I have a T3 and a Treo 600. I need to sync both. What's the correct software installation sequence? T600 first or T3?