1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have an AT&T service. I'm on a businss trip to China right now and can't get the phone to work.

When I use my original SIM card (from US), my phone is not able to detect any network. Then I tried to use a local SIM card (took it from a working Chinese phone), and that doesn't work either.

Any ideas??

Thanks
    SR
    Im was in Beijing earlier today.... ChongDu now......GSM including GPRS arw working fine on both Australian (Voda) and Local (China Mobile) sim cards
    .no sig.
    your att sim is not working because u probably have to call att to activate international roaming. the chinese sim is not working because your phone is locked.
    I was in China this summer and I had to activate International Roaming with T-Mobile.
    I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.
    -Sir Winston Churchill.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrust
    Hi,

Any ideas??

Thanks
    SR
    http://www.telestial.com/products/china_sim.htm

Also, from the dial pad, menu, options, select network. You should see a list of the networks that the phone can detect.
    You better have alot of money if you are going to roam there lol
    Quote Originally Posted by kouma
    You better have alot of money if you are going to roam there lol
    What do you figure it cost him to get there?
    with tmo its three bucks a minute
    First, you have to make sure your acct is enabled for international roaming. Also, if your phone isn't unlocked, you won't be able to put in other SIM cards. I was in Shanghai about 3 months ago, and was able to use my T-Mobile T600 with my TMobile SIM and China Mobile SIM. My bill went from ~$32 to ~$180 that month though.