1. pjm
    I convinced two of my partners that the Treo 600 Verizon was the way for us to go. They followed. One is a long-time Blackberry user. We're on board (somewhat) for a month or so. I bought the $24.95 Treo help book and read it.

I (we) still have one basic ?? (other ?? can wait) Is it possible to have e-mails stream through instantly, without any action on our part, as they did on his Blackberry? We use a networked server going to our own www. site. that's about the limit I know.

Very basic. Very important. Thanks for any attention you may offer!
    Chatter is the only option you have right now for true Push email on your Treo 600. You must have an IMAP mail server for that. Otherwise, your best bet is to set your mail client (I use snapper and regular pop3) to fetch at regular intervals.
  3. pjm
    Thank You
    Quote Originally Posted by pjm
    I convinced two of my partners that the Treo 600 Verizon was the way for us to go. They followed. One is a long-time Blackberry user. We're on board (somewhat) for a month or so. I bought the $24.95 Treo help book and read it.

I (we) still have one basic ?? (other ?? can wait) Is it possible to have e-mails stream through instantly, without any action on our part, as they did on his Blackberry? We use a networked server going to our own www. site. that's about the limit I know.

Very basic. Very important. Thanks for any attention you may offer!
    Actually, there are several options, and they are discussed in several threads. Check the Communications area.

We are a small firm in the NY area, and we use Goodlink. (www.good.com)

It is true "push" e-mail, and will synch all of your outlook data. Works quite well, but it's a bit pricey.