Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loud ringers is only part of the problem. Most of these people have no problem answering the phone then talking loudly with no regard to the others around them.
    Is it illegal to jam cell phones in public places in the US? I want to buy one ASAP for my train ride to work. Not only do you hear the most loud and obnoxious ring tones, but people are too stupid to even realize it's their phone ringing until it goes off 3 or 4 times! Then they yell loud enough so that the person on the other end could probably hear them without the phone.

On a somewhat side note. When did it become acceptable to discuss what should be a personal conversation so openly in public. I do not need to, nor want to hear about your recent doctor's visit or the rash on you @$$. Maybe it's just me. I use my cell if I think it's important. That's why I have caller id and voicemail. If the guy next to me is trying to sleep perhaps shouting into my phone isn't the most polite thing I could do.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    Is it illegal to jam cell phones in public places in the US? I want to buy one ASAP for my train ride to work. Not only do you hear the most loud and obnoxious ring tones, but people are too stupid to even realize it's their phone ringing until it goes off 3 or 4 times! Then they yell loud enough so that the person on the other end could probably hear them without the phone.
    It is illegal in the US. But unless it's iat a fixed point, it would be hard to catch.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    It is illegal in the US. But unless it's iat a fixed point, it would be hard to catch.
    The penalty for jamming cell phone calls can be up to $11,000 and 1 year in prison -- that's for the first offence. Cell phone jamming might be something that's hard to catch, but $11,000 and a year in prison makes this a very risky thing to try. There's more information at http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/cel...ngjamming.html.
    I figured as much, thanks.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12