1.    #1  
    I would like to remove the MMS application from my Treo 600 but I do not see it in the App/Remove screen. I was able to remove SMS. The reason I want to remove MMS is that when my security camera emails me .jpg's MMS always gets it. I then have to jump over to Snapper Mail to re-down load it and view the picture. If I remove the MMS application I can cut out the MMS step.
    Thanks
    I am not sure I understand how you have things set up. MMS receives emails that are sent to your SMS address (routed as MMS by your provider). On my Treo 600 there isn't a connection at all between MMS and my Snappermail accounts. What provider are you using?

Only messages sent to 1234567890@tmomail.net go to either SMS or MMS. Whether they show up as MMS or SMS depends on the content of the message. If the message is longer than the maximum for SMS, or has multimedia content it goes as MMS.

At least, this is how I understand things to work...

-Sim

NoisyGecko
  3.    #3  
    My security camaera on my home PC is set to email out a jpg when movement is sensed in frt of my house. It sends it out to a comcast email address. I have that comcast email address set up in Snapper Mail and it works great..I get to see whats going on at my house no matter where I am. The problem is when the email comes in, MMS picks it up first which would not be a bad thing except that for some reason MMS can't display the jpg. So when MMS picks up the message I then fire up SnapperMail, click on send/recieve and get the jpg that way. I want MMS to stop as I want to cut out that extra step and just have SnapperMail go out and check/retrieve messages.
    I hope I made it clearer for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by mielnicki
    My security camaera on my home PC is set to email out a jpg when movement is sensed in frt of my house. It sends it out to a comcast email address. I have that comcast email address set up in Snapper Mail and it works great..I get to see whats going on at my house no matter where I am. The problem is when the email comes in, MMS picks it up first which would not be a bad thing except that for some reason MMS can't display the jpg. So when MMS picks up the message I then fire up SnapperMail, click on send/recieve and get the jpg that way. I want MMS to stop as I want to cut out that extra step and just have SnapperMail go out and check/retrieve messages.
    I hope I made it clearer for you.
    Actually, that doesn't really make sense to me. I have lots of images sent to various accounts that I read using SnapperMail and none ever show up in MMS. They only show up in MMS if I send them to my SMS account.

Who is your service provider? Where is your email account located? Is it managed through your service provider? Whether things get received on your Treo as MMS is handled entirely by your service provider. You have no control over that on the Treo 600 (at least to my knowledge, after a bit of a search).

-Sim

NoisyGecko
    I would suggest that you call your service provider to remove MMS from your account.

I did not have MMS before, I had to call T-Mo 2nd Tier tech service to activate. The CSR on the service provider should know what they are doing else you end up in bad Customer Service hell. YMMV.
    OK, I have a similar situation.
    My carrier is AT&T Wireless.

I have my PalmOne email app set to send to a comcast account.
    If howerver I take a picture with Treo and select the option to send it in an email, I end up getting a service charge as it did not go out through my standard email account apparently.
    How do you avoid this? I never want ANY messages going out that way.
    I pay for an unlimited data plan and I want to use THAT service to send data and it just seems like the phone companies are intentionally redirecting it through a service they can charge additional monies for.