1.    #1  
    Two Days ago, I went to a Cingular store, one of those multi stores, and a Sprint Store. The multi store recommended T-mobile over any other Treo 600 date/call plan.

T Mobile, Cingular and Sprint all had their attributes, so, I really just have one question? Is any of these a NO GO? Meaning, are any of these companies awful when it comes to the Treo 600, internet service, customer service, secret charges, or anything?

And actually, I do have ONE more question: Is there any company that it's great to buy from on-line, or one I absolutely must AVOID?

Love and Peace to all those replying! Once I become an expert, I'll return the favor

Beth
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    1. I like GSM (Cingular, T-Mo, etc) as the SIM is the brain of the phone so to speak. New phone - just take the sim or phone from one to the other and your set (instantly). Sprint, Verizon and ATT phones can only be used for that carrier as far as I know. In other words, you could move your number from Sprint to Verizon, but I do not think the phone can be used on the new carrier (someone will probably correct me if I am wrong).

2. GSM phones are pretty open, for example sending a pictures is an MMS or email (as long as you have the data option). Sprint makes you use their picture "portal".

fyi - T-Mo used to be terrible, imo, and has moved to acceptable. Then again, i find it rare that a company provides exceptional service.

good luck
    i am with sprint. i really think it is just pick your poison. they all have issues in one way or another. i would look at service area and plans for what you need. another good thing to do is ask people that live around you (or work) and find out about the reception where you will be most. i cannot even use sprint in my house, people with verizion can use their phone in my basement. i am stuck with sprint because any other plan would cost me $50 more a month!
    wait a second - to send a picture in email you've got to use sprints service?

what if you're using another 3rd party email app?
    Amazon.com offers great on-line deals.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  6.    #6  
    Thank You!

Please keep up the advice, and I can make a decision soon. I'm looking for a new place, so I'm kind of screwed on matching up service with reception, for now. I bring out my Nextel phone and check. So far, so good, but I'll tell you. Never have I gotten good Nextel reception at my place. I love to hate that company.

Is Nextel GSM too?

Heberman, your happy-face PacMan action on under your name is so cute!

Thanks a bunch of bananas,

Beth
    Quote Originally Posted by NXTLwants2quit
    wait a second - to send a picture in email you've got to use sprints service?

what if you're using another 3rd party email app?
    i think they are talking about picture mail. if you take a picture, you have to use pm to send it. you can send to email addresses and other people with picture mail. not sure if 3rd party apps can access pics on a sprint phone?
    oh, that sucks

thanks for the info

how does sending pix work on the GSM phones?

(cool avatar, too - what a fat, ignorant, rude american)
    you may want to consider at&t, i think they may offer the best price for a new treo 600 /agreement ($349 and 4 free acc. at palmone's website ). another thing to consider is what all of the people you will be talking to have. i know sprint and verizon have plans where you can talk all you want to people one thier own networks and it will not go against you airtime. sprint calls it unlimited sprint pcs to sprint pcs and verison calls it "in". i dont know if tmobile, cingular or at&t offer this.

everytime i look at my own avitar it make me laugh too...thanks
    Last edited by BigKenny; 10/11/2004 at 05:44 PM. Reason: me
    I suggest doing this to determine a provider:

1. Find out if you have good coverage where you are going to be using the phone (home, work, etc.) for each provider;
    2. Find the best voice and date plan;
    3. Make sure you can get insurance on the phone through your provider.

For me, T-Mobile makes the most sense. I get good coverage, tons of minutes, a good data plan, and insurance. AT&T is much more expensive for me. Sprint doesn't work for me because they charge for forwarded calls, and I forward frequently. Cingular isn't available in my area. That leaves T-Mobile, which is the best deal for me now. T-Mobile has treated me well also.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I suggest doing this to determine a provider:

1. Find out if you have good coverage where you are going to be using the phone (home, work, etc.) for each provider;
    2. Find the best voice and date plan;
    3. Make sure you can get insurance on the phone through your provider.

For me, T-Mobile makes the most sense. I get good coverage, tons of minutes, a good data plan, and insurance. AT&T is much more expensive for me. Sprint doesn't work for me because they charge for forwarded calls, and I forward frequently. Cingular isn't available in my area. That leaves T-Mobile, which is the best deal for me now. T-Mobile has treated me well also.
    what providers forward calls for free?
    T-Mobile does - although it uses minutes (I have lots of minutes). Not sure about the others.
    From what I hear you can use snappermail on the treo to send pictures instead of sprints picturemail service.

I do agree that they all suck, I've been with sprint and verizon (currently with sprint) and I've had my issues with both. Mostly with the apathetic customer service. They tend to talk like they are reading lines off a training manual.

In my area att, now cingular, has poor coverage and service, people who complain are told to deal with it, but in nicer words. Since they are on contract, nothing can be done.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

I use sprint because tmobile won't let someone with no credit score have internet. I have had nothing but good service with sprint with both voice and data. Just my own personal experiance.

And to clarify on sending pics with sprint... With the latest firmware you can send pics directly attached to a regular email without any 3rd party software which completely bypasses picture mail.