1.    #1  
    My built in phone speaker went out today. I spent sometime reading the thread about treo replacements. Now I'm truly depressed. There was a glimmer of hope when I read about another user with the same problem who said he whacked his Treo and it worked again with no furthe problem.
    I've been slapping. back-handing, tapping and even kicking my Treo. Alas... no luck.
    Anyway, reading that thread thoroughly depressed me. People on their 3rd, 4th, 5th... replacements.
    I've been a Palm user for 7 years and I'm getting tired. Why should I continue to support a corporation that produces such crap. 40% of treos defective I read. I was going to try the 650, but will it be any different?
    I've only had trouble with the Treos (180-2 replacements, 270-3 replacements).
    I'm thinking of going back to a Nokia and toting around a Tungsten. Are there any other options?
    Losing hope,
    Brian
    Banoo... what's that smell?
    it seems that speaker problems are one of the pretty common issues. is this really the case with everyone? i find it hard to believe they can make any money if they are sending 2-3-4 units per customer. is this really normal? i am considering getting a 600 or 650, but i am starting to think otherwise if that is the case.
    Hopefully the ACE will be of better build quality since HTC is manufacturing it. If they are going to keep the 600 around, they should let HTC handle that too.
  4. RNJ
    Hi,
    I had a problem with my speaker a couple fo months ago. It would cut out, and I would not hear a word anyone was saying, although they could hear me. I thought that it was dead.
    Now I am not a greta believer when Handspring/P1 say do a hard reset for evry problem you communicate to them, but I did it, and in my case, it appears to have worked. So maybe try that, and reinstall all your apps. Good luck !