1.    #1  
    I'm having a hard time deciding. I know this is a treo forum but what are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    also, I'm kinda leaning toward the T-Mobile Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition is because of all the problems people have had with the dead pixels and since I'm getting it off of ebay and won't have a warranty unless it comes with one.
    Hi,

I like the PocketPC / windows mobile OS. However, the ratio size/features/keyboard of the treo was the best for my needs. Right now, there is no Windows mobile devices that has a QWERTY keyb and that is not too big at the same time.

if you are willing to wait, there are many pocketPC phones coming out:
    Qtek 9090
    Motorola MPx
    BenQ P50

I'm currently most interested in the benQ P50.

Regardless, make the choice that fits you the most. I just wanted to say that my Treo600 is working fine, and i'm happy with it, even if i'm not a die-hard Palm fan. It even survived a glass of water spilled on it !

Happy shopping !
    I can't see why anyone would want to switch. The Treo does everything plus some. It is easy and intuitive to use. With recently announced blackberry and exchange software, what more is there.

The only thing missing really is WiFi.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    I can't see why anyone would want to switch. The Treo does everything plus some. It is easy and intuitive to use. With recently announced blackberry and exchange software, what more is there.

The only thing missing really is WiFi.
    ...and a decent amount of user available memory. If those pictures of the 650 are true, then there is only 20 MB of available RAM, which is insulting and a giant step backwards.
    Jeff
    I had a tmo pocket pc and exchanged it for the treo 600. There are way more apps for the treo. I'm pretty much a newbie user but I really don't like windows. There are so many fun things with the treo(ie. camera that pc doesn't have). It's basically a preferential thing nothing to get excited about. Oh sizewise it's much smaller and less bulky. Very sleek
    Quote Originally Posted by brittany86
    I'm having a hard time deciding. I know this is a treo forum but what are the pros and cons of each?

Thanks!
    The crappy keyboard with no backlight should be reason enough to stay away from the 6135! I could list 20 bad items and only 4 good items. HP really made a piece of crap compared to the Treo 600 and the soon to be 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by garyhartaz
    The crappy keyboard with no backlight should be reason enough to stay away from the 6135! I could list 20 bad items and only 4 good items. HP really made a piece of crap compared to the Treo 600 and the soon to be 650!
    And the 6135 is *HUGE*... who wants a phone (?) of that size. It's like calling with an iron...
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I bought an Ipaq 6315 to test, and returned it after three very frustrating days! IMHO, PPC 2003 can't yet compete with Palm OS for a phone platform. The battery drains after five hours or so of use, Windows Mobile crashes with less than 128mb of ram, and really needs 512mb to be effective. My Treo 600 will go ten to fourteen hours on a charge with pretty heavy email and web usage, costs half of what a PPC does and browses via GPRS faster. I was very disappointed in the HP product and I don't think the HTC T-Mobile versions would be any better. Treos still rock!
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    I have to agree with z3bum. I started out with the Palm OS and then switched to Pocket PC. I loved the Pocket PC too. However, it just can't compare in terms of Pocket PC and phone combo device. They have a long way to go in my opinion. I've used an unlocked i-mate and then a iPAQ 6315. I've been using a Treo now for almost a week now and LOVE it. My only problem so far has been trying to find a program that integrates well with Outlook. So far, I've tried Agendus (too much for me) and I'm trying Beyond Contacts right now (so far, so good).

I would say try them both out. The iPAQ is much slower then the Treo, shorter battery life and I found myself resetting it alot. I also seem to get a better signal with my Treo. Screen size and resolution are better but I'm fine with the Treo's so far.
    Hi everyone:

This is a reply that gave someone else.

I hope that I can help you make a good decision.

I have used both Pocket PCs and now the Treo 600 that works on the Palm OS. My previous Pocket PC was an IPaq one of the latest models.

The Treo syncs well with Outlook (I use a Mac and it syncs well with the Outlook equivalent which is Entourage). The pocket PC syncs better with Outlook but I am finding that the other benefits with the Treo outweigh the pluses of the Pocket PC.

Calendar and Contact syncs but has limited categories, thus you have to choose which categories are most important. You can phone, email, text message using all your contact information.

There is a great email program called snapper. You can download a demo. Snapper will allow you to get both pop and email like yahoo etc. You can let it keep a copy on the server that allows a sync with you desktop email program. I have set up Entourage keep a copy on the server for one week.

You can download many more programs for the palm than for the pocket pc. The palm uses memory better, so it seems to me that I can have many more programs on my Treo than I had on my Ipaq even though the Treo has less memory. One of these programs is called Today that makes the Treo is look like the Today feature on the Pocket PC.

Most of the providers have an unlimited web access plans. I use Verizon. They have nationwide coverage, but I will add that the Treo is digital so there are remote areas where the Treo will not work.

Documents to go will allow you to view and edit Microsoft docs. Snapper will allow you to get attachments and open them or save them to a memory card.

The Treo comes with Blazer Browser and works very well.

There are many other great programs like;
    Pocket Quicken, Bob's Alarm, Splasher ID (for passwords), Adobe Reader, Card Export 2 (for reading memory cards), and Snapper gives a program called Hand Zipper that opens zip files sent directly to the Treo via email.
    For the last year imo the treo has been the best do all device until I saw the HTC "Blue Angel" aka MDAIII (or one of many other marketing names)
    Picture of Tmobile version

And now that ATT and Cingular will be selling them here the treo may have a run for it's money...

>>> From Mobilegadgetnews.com
    Mobile Gadget News has confirmed that AT&T Wireless will be selling the HTC Blue Angel / MDA III / XDA IIs Pocket PC Phone Edition device as the Siemens SX66. No date is available at this point, but when released, this will be an impressive device. Quad band (with 850 MHz), WiFi, Bluetooth, camera, slide out keyboard, the works.

We have also confirmed AT&T will be selling the iPAQ 6315 expected in November.

As if that's not enough... Cingular will also carry the HTC Blue Angle PPC-PE as soon as 3 weeks from now.

These are exciting times to be a gadget geek!
    I think that the BenQ P50 could be the real threat to the Treo600/650.

I mentionned in Sept in this thread.

I can't wait to hold one. It seems thinner than the treo, and it has a landscape mode + Wifi (and BT).