1.    #1  
    [FONT=Arial]After using treo 600 for the last 6 months. here is my two cents
    1.) Palm is still a great orgniser but the phone sucks , problems have been
    a.) missing calls even when phone signal at it's strongest
    b.) hard hard reset twice
    c.) phone freezes quite often

in short it is PDA first and thirdly a phone. it has missed the second step- marrying the two.
    I am heavy user of mobile phone and not having a reliable phone is not good at all.
    What are my options
    A. Back to Nokia possibly 9300 until then Nokia 7610 or 6630. i have been using mobiles for over 10 years and still believe nokia make the best phone.
    Will i be back?
    not unless i see Palm one making consideralble progress on its phone
    I don't blame you. I have the same problems with my 600. I am not a huge nokia fan either, but I am really worried about palm1. Even look at the t5. What a bland pda. I can only hope that the new htc treos are better built than the ones I have carried for the last two years.

I am leaning towards the ppc6600...
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    I love the features of the Treo 600, but as a phone it is second rate. It needs to be a good phone first and if it isn't, all the other features don't matter. The issue of quality is also a major problem. I like the Palm operating system (who wants to deal with the bloated, convluted PPC operating system on a smartphone?) and as other manufactuers apparently will be using the more advanced operating system from PalmSource, I'm hopeful that if PalmOne doesn't put out an improved "smartphone", one of the other manufactuers will.
    Competition from other phone mfgs using the palm operating system(s) will hopefully push PalmOne to make a better product, and if not I will move (its all about the operating system, not the hardware as we learned in the PC world).
    The Treo 600 as a phone does suck! I missed a lot of a calls also that went straight to voice mail.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Don't let the door knob hit ya where the good Lord split ya!

Leave your Treo's with the receptionist at the front on your way out!

C-Ya

Good luck!
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    I have owned a 600 for around 10 months now. I had it replaced once for the "phantom signal of death" problem, but beyond that I have had zero problems.

Never had a call go to VM.
    I cant remember the last time it rebooted or froze.

If it doesnt work, get it replaced. If the replacement doesnt work, get another one, or go to a different phone.

How many "My Treo is Crap" threads do we need? (and this thread is even in the wrong forum!)
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RWerksman
    How many "My Treo is Crap" threads do we need? (and this thread is even in the wrong forum!)
    Amen Brother!

Just once I wish a Treo could start a thread: " My owner is Crap"

If you dont like the Treo go start your own site: Treo"Sin"tral
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    12 full months of travelling all over the US. Original Treo still in hand. No issues as a phone and an interface that makes the phone features easy to access. It is a phone and a PDA, better than any other out there. I see more of them every time I am on a flight. I think the public has spoken on the phone, maybe you need to find a better service provider.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by esabypda
    12 full months of travelling all over the US. Original Treo still in hand. No issues as a phone and an interface that makes the phone features easy to access. It is a phone and a PDA, better than any other out there. I see more of them every time I am on a flight. I think the public has spoken on the phone, maybe you need to find a better service provider.
    have been with Vodafone in London:- possibly the best service provider here!
    Well, that must mean the phone sucks. .
    If you do not need the PDA functions then go get a phone.
    Cheers
    dont like the treo see you at nokiacentral.com - where fashion rules - oh and by the way forget the substance
    I think you guys are being hard on him. Every cell phone sucks, and the Treo is no exception. The more people that *****, the more likely it is that the next version will be better. I'm sure it will still suck, so more power to those that will complain. I've found that this phone almost never resets. It didn't reset with me until just recently when I added an app that I absolutely love, so I'm not about to remove it, but now I have to live with an occasional reset. There are tons of design problems with this phone, some of them inexlicable (like the lack of a replaceable battery), others bizarre (the SD card sticking out the top so it gets dislodged too easily), and still others infuriating (no voice dial? That's been around for several smartphone generations alread, so what's that all about?). I say let the ranting begin, and don't take it so personally. Actually, you might do better by complaining about TreoCentral, as well. I tried to edit this because there were asterisks instead of where I had typed *****. But then after editing it still replaced ***** with asterisks, so I guess you can't type the word "*****" on this board. Now what the **** is that all about? Jesus Christ.
    It's just just that we are all ****ing waiting on the the ****ing release dates and the "piggin" specs for the new model - just tried the same and they don't seem to know what to do with "piggin" so that's cool - anway lets all be cool - and by the way MDAVIS have sent a private mail to ask the mods to ****** the Lord's name!
  14.    #14  
    I never had any illusions that my thoughts are going to please everyone and also believe others will have a different point of view.
    My first post is simply my experiences with my Treo. I love the functionality over blackberry (which I also have for all things office and carry with me during week days)
    Previously, I always have had to deal with 3 gadgets a mobile, a PDA and blackberry. The SmartPhone are attempts to merge these together. The word PHONE in the Smartphone does suggest its importance.

My summary of different platforms
    Plam: still the best PDA and number of software available make it interesting
    PPC: legacy driven, overbearing
    Symbian: still think it is for phone only, PDA functionally is secondary.

My ideal is a Nokia phone with Plam OS with Blackberry connect software !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have you tried Chattermail? You could ditch the Blackberry. I couldn't possibly carry a Treo AND a Blackberry.
  16.    #16  
    alas cannot dump blackberry as it is a corporate gadget. strict corporate policy of using blackberry only for corporate email.
    but chattermail looks good.
    Actually it's getting better and better.
    bye bye