1.    #1  
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/idea...p-203742c.html

thought this article would be interesting to some...

Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I thihk people who use the earphone piece on their cellphones while walking the street look like whackos.
    Quote Originally Posted by glenada
    I thihk people who use the earphone piece on their cellphones while walking the street look like whackos.
    Since they are walking the street, are they scantily clad as well?
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    heh, nice article, I really sympathize with him too. It's really annoying to be walking down the street listening to some guy yell off a bunch of obscenities into his phone. Restraunts and other crowded areas are worse, with how loud some of these kids talk on their phones, you wouldn't think that privacy is something of concern in America.

It's kind of funny how noise pollution is really starting to take over, maybe someday soon something will be done.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

5.    #5  
    i like the line where the "nice" old lady says - this is a public place - and he retorts - EXACTLY my point!
    [rant]

I, too, was happy to hear about this. Nothing is more annoying than the loud "cell phone voice" guy or gal. Especially at the airport! All these self-important people making these self-important phone calls and talking so loudly so that everyone can see how important they are! Not that I'm passing judgment or anything Mobile phones are a convenience in this day and age, but for pete's sake, can't we have some decency/respect with this convenience? When I take a call in public, I try to keep my voice as low as possible. If I feel I'm talking too loud or in a place where it may raise attention, I'll either not take the call or find a place away from the general public.

And don't get me started on these freakin' 2-way PTT things everyone has now! The only thing worse than being forced to listen to someone's one-way convo is to suffer through a 2-sided one - complete with annoying beeps and bloops and the obligatory "So where are you? I'm at XYZ location (beep boop)"

I've resorted to carrying my iPod more often - it's my annoying-cell-phone-guy-reduction gadget.

[/rant]
  7.    #7  
    i put my nextel in private mode (that's where the sound comes out the earpiece, not the speaker)

when we initiate a conversation - we just beep once - no talking

when (and *if*) we're ready, then we talk - just like a regular cell phone.

so, if someone on nextel is annoying you, just yell at him - "hey - put it in private mode, you pompous brat!"

A comedian here called Dom Joly did a character called Mobile Man, he sold the idea to the States as Cellular Guy but I don't know if it took off over there, he'd walk around with a five foot long foam phone yelling as loud as he could while being almost completely pointless and very rude. A typical 'conversation' would go "I'm crossing the road, I'll be there in TWO minutes" "No it's rubbish, full of ugly people" etc.
    Great parody
    Animo et Fide
    Yeah, Joly had a public-comedy-gotcha-hidden camera sort of show on Comedy Central for a while, dunno if it still plays. I loved Mobile Man, I cannot hear that (very common) ringtone without thinking of him screaming into that huge thing in a theatre or funeral or some place!
    -mbd26
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterBrown
    A comedian here called Dom Joly did a character called Mobile Man, he sold the idea to the States as Cellular Guy but I don't know if it took off over there, he'd walk around with a five foot long foam phone yelling as loud as he could while being almost completely pointless and very rude. A typical 'conversation' would go "I'm crossing the road, I'll be there in TWO minutes" "No it's rubbish, full of ugly people" etc.
    Great parody
    Isn't that the guy on trigger happy TV that shows on Comedy Central?
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

That'll be the one! Didn't know they'd kept the name for US TV when they bought it.
    Animo et Fide
    Yep, Trigger Happy TV, very funny. I loved it whne he'd call a pyphone and tell whoever answered to watch out for the wild nasty squirrels, then a pack of dudes in squirrel suits would come up and harrass the person! Hee Hee!
    -mbd26
    I just hope he is talking about the very few that are excesively loud and not just the fact that he could hear the them. I don't ever want to get to the place where a permit is required for everthing you might want to do.