Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I'm planning on getting a Treo 600 so that I can get my email and check other areas of the net while in the go.

Here's my quesiton...I'm probably going to go with Cingular but can't decide if I should get the 5 MB data plan for $19.95 or the unlimited for $39.95.

About how many kilobytges of data is used each time I say check my email on yahoo? Or each time I send or receive some data?

Thanks from a novice.
    fbrown627, I am also a new Cingular customer (3 months). I bought my Treo 600 and they offered me the same prices you describe. At first I chose not to do either until I did some research. I found that on cingular.com they list two data plans. Media Basic for $7.99 and Media Works for $19.99. So I thought maybe there was a diffrent price for phones (only) and smartphones. Well, I called and asked to have the Media Works package (with unlimited internet) added to my Treo 600 account. They said "ok no problem" and then added it. I have received two bills so far and only been charged $19.99 each time. I use email, excessive web browsing and I have Verichat (multiple IM client) "always on" and have never been charged any additional fees. So that's my two cents, hope it helps.

GeNomeZ
    yeah, the Cingular MEdia Works package is unlimited WIX (internet), 1500 Txt messages, 250 (? might be wrong with this number..) MMS pics.

That package was originally for all phones, then they cut off PDA phones, then just recently (within a week) reopened the gates to allow PDAs on that plan.

And it's only $19.99/mo in addition to your regular phone plan.

Enjoy-
    -WC-
    And take the unlimited if you can you will soon exceed 5MB permonth. I surf some,butnota lot,and retrieve email - this uses about 20MB each month
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman
    And take the unlimited if you can you will soon exceed 5MB permonth. I surf some,butnota lot,and retrieve email - this uses about 20MB each month
    you must not be using treo friendly sites or your definition of "surf some" is A LOT!!!