1.    #1  
    i just got this treo 300 phone and so far I'm totally disappointed. My other phone texted (send and receive). This one just receives. I've been sent to a website to get the sending part, but would someone tell me what to do with it. Do i download it to my phone or my pc? I can't access my hotmail email. what's up with that? I was told this would do everything my regular phone did!
    You will probably have to purchase TreoSMS which allows you to send and receive. I'm assuming you have Sprint. I have a Treo 300 (although it's not used now with my 600), and I always used TreoSMS. It's a great application.

Good luck
    Sorry, but you were misinformed. The Treo 300 uses legacy hardware and does not support Sprint's MO-SMS out the box, and as a result you have to use PDAapp's Treo300SMS in order to get this functionality. In fact, almost all of Sprint's handsets that were released prior to 2004 do not support MO-SMS, including the T300.

For hotmail, point your blazer to this site:

http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

For yahoo, point blazer here:

http://wap.oa.yahoo.com

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    i've never had a phone like this before. how do you install this? do I do it through my pc then through the phone or do i download it from my phone only. i am so confused.
    You need to download the program to your computer and then install the palm app using the Palm Install Tool. All you have to do is double click the app and the Install tool will automatically install the app the next hotsync (of course this is assuming you have correctly installed the Palm Desktop on your computer). Then just hotsync, and the app will be installed...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    i haven't installed anything. i bought this used on ebay and I don't know what to do first. the only thing i've done is take it in to sprint to get activated. right now i have this big **** phone that just sends/receives call and and receives text but can't send. There were no instructions on what to do or how to do it. can someone please walk me through this?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Log into SprintPCS on your PC, if you haven't already, register to have access to your account info. Once you're registered & logged in, there will be an option to view your phone details and you can also view a PDF version of your phones manual.
  8.    #8  
    how do you point blazer to another email site (ie, hotmail)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kera Bergeron
    i haven't installed anything. i bought this used on ebay and I don't know what to do first. the only thing i've done is take it in to sprint to get activated. right now i have this big **** phone that just sends/receives call and and receives text but can't send. There were no instructions on what to do or how to do it. can someone please walk me through this?

Okay...baby steps now. Too bad the seller on ebay didn't send you the install setup CD, but fortunately you can find most of the stuff on PalmOne's support page. Note the main page below fyi:

http://palmone.com/us/support/treo/treo300/

First thing you should do is install the correct version of the Palm Desktop for your Treo 300:

Click here if you have a PC or here if you have a mac. You need to download and install the PD if you want to sync or download any apps to your Treo300.

Also make sure you go through the interactive tutorial that is found on right side of the main support page. It will guide you through many of the features of your Treo. You can view the manual here...

how do you point blazer to another email site (ie, hotmail)?
    When in blazer, click on the 'www' icon on the bottom and enter the url you want...

I echo the directions of GFunk for getting your Treo set up. The Treo is so much more than a phone and you're going to appreciate everything you can do with it. The simplified version of why a Palm device, such as the Treo, is so cool:
    - You input all of your contacts, dates, memos, etc on your PC or Mac using PalmDesktop.
    - You connect the Treo via USB and perform a HotSync. This puts all of that info into your Treo
    - Since your Treo is a phone and Palm device, you can have access to all your contacts in a few clicks from your smartphone

Once you get comfortable, you can install all types of applications like instant messaging, email applications, etc. It's endless...

Good luck.