Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Hi all. I am a pretty new Treo 600 user and experiencing a minor problem. Lets say i am talking to someone on my phone and I get a second call and I switch to the other call putting the first call on hold. When I am done talking to the second call I want to switch back to my first call and I hit the swap button. It leaves the second call on hold and doesnt hang up on it. how do i disconnect that second call??? There is only an option to "Hang Up All".. Please help. Thanks
    You can't hang up on the second call, all you can do is get the other person to hang up. It's one limitation of the treo600
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

This is a mystery to us all. Somewhat aggravating for sure. When you switch back to your first call it does put 2nd call on hold and then when you are done with both calls you disconnect them both at once. It is strange but it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    This is a mystery to us all. Somewhat aggravating for sure. When you switch back to your first call it does put 2nd call on hold and then when you are done with both calls you disconnect them both at once. It is strange but it works.
    This happened to me in the past. When I checked the call log for the second call, the end time was the same as the first call. Since the second call was still connected to the network (possibly?), does my airtime still ticking for the second call?

-RC
    I think your air time is being charged for that 2nd call. I've have problems with this myself. Hopefully this will be corrected on the T650 because I make conf. calls quite a bit.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    you can hang up on one call & stay in the other. While on the line you want to disconnect, press the backspace key. it will appear as though you've lost all connections but just wait a few seconds. Your phone will ring & when you answer it will be your other call. Not pretty, but it works

BTW this seems to be a Sprint only issue
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca
    you can hang up on one call & stay in the other. While on the line you want to disconnect, press the backspace key. it will appear as though you've lost all connections but just wait a few seconds. Your phone will ring & when you answer it will be your other call. Not pretty, but it works

This is the work around that I use, but it shouldn't be this way.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyca

Hmmm ... I will give this a try. Thanks for the tip!
    This also occurs on verizon, it is not just a sprint issue. I will try the workaround you mentioned, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by young_98_98
    This also occurs on verizon, it is not just a sprint issue. I will try the workaround you mentioned, thanks.
    there is more than CDMA

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=53627
    Ciao

Ettore
    There are call control codes for managing conf calls on GSM that you can simply dial on the phone to do all this. palmOne just did not include the UI. I'll look it up and post them later.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poryphyron
    There are call control codes for managing conf calls on GSM that you can simply dial on the phone to do all this. palmOne just did not include the UI. I'll look it up and post them later.
    Please do because I bet Shimon would love to add this to TAKEphONE since it has oft been requested.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Please do because I bet Shimon would love to add this to TAKEphONE since it has oft been requested.
    everything is in my post here.

But you don't read!
    Ciao

Ettore