1.    #1  
    Not sure what the deal is, but I have noticed in the past week or so, that my Treo's batter is getting drained extremely quickly, and often ends up informing me that the battery is critically low and need to be charge (a warning message that I have not seen once in the last month of use, and only first saw sometime during this last week...I have recently been installing a number of new apps, including VeriChat...does anyone know if this app tends to drain the battery if a particular setting is enabled (such as the 'always-on' option)? What about 'BrightCam', 'Profiles', 'FlyBackUp' or 'LightWav'...Sorry to be so vague, but I honestly can't seem to figure it out and narrow it down myself...I know its gotta be some setting in some app that's causing this battery drainage...any suggestions? Thanks!

Micah
    After reset, use known good std programs and monitor battery percent. Slowly try some of your new programs and see if battery usage accelerates. Tap Bat symbol to read act percent.

Keep us posted. FastFrank
    FastFrank
    Quote Originally Posted by m021478
    Not sure what the deal is, but I have noticed in the past week or so, that my Treo's batter is getting drained extremely quickly, and often ends up informing me that the battery is critically low and need to be charge (a warning message that I have not seen once in the last month of use, and only first saw sometime during this last week...I have recently been installing a number of new apps, including VeriChat...does anyone know if this app tends to drain the battery if a particular setting is enabled (such as the 'always-on' option)? What about 'BrightCam', 'Profiles', 'FlyBackUp' or 'LightWav'...Sorry to be so vague, but I honestly can't seem to figure it out and narrow it down myself...I know its gotta be some setting in some app that's causing this battery drainage...any suggestions? Thanks!

Micah
    Virichat will drain your battery in "always on" mode. In particular if "always on" is set to use DATA. Try using SMS instead.
    I had the same problem and it was indeed Verichat.
    Yes - you need to watch your battery when you're using Verichat - don't leave the Verichat application open unless you're actually using it - that will help...
    There is an option in the newest version to automatically exit the program when you power off. That alone has saved me a few dead batteries.