1.    #1  
    My friend recently sent a jpeg file to me thru IR. After the t600 received the file, it said "received unknown format". Now, I don't know where the file is! I tried searching for it with fileprog, and god knows what else, but I just can't find it. I tried using uninstaller and cleanup, but they don't see it. Where does the t600 "hide" these unknown files? Can anyone help please?
    Basically, your treo received it, recognized as an unknown format, and thus could not properly save it. You need to have an app to register and recognize jpeg file types on your treo. There are many imaging apps out there that will support this. Also, you need to save the jpeg to the card as PalmOS does not support jpeg files in ram... Checkout various file type extension manager like Media Manager and beam apps like Mfile, Beampro etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Basically, your treo received it, recognized as an unknown format, and thus could not properly save it. You need to have an app to register and recognize jpeg file types on your treo. There are many imaging apps out there that will support this. Also, you need to save the jpeg to the card as PalmOS does not support jpeg files in ram... Checkout various file type extension manager like Media Manager and beam apps like Mfile, Beampro etc...

I can never see that Avatar too many times
  4.    #4  
    Many thanks gfunkmagic! I'm glad 2 know it's not floating around inside my t600 BTW, which app does what? Media manager allow my t600 to accept/recognize files so I can save it on the sdcard, and beampro does what exactly? Which one is better? Thanks!
    Last edited by manilenio; 09/29/2004 at 11:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by manilenio
    Many thanks gfunkmagic! I'm glad 2 know it's not floating around inside my t600 BTW, which app does what? Media manager allow my t600 to accept/recognize files so I can save it on the sdcard, and beampro does what exactly? Which one is better? Thanks!
    Beampro is a IR manager for palmos:

http://www.ecamm.com/palm/beampro/

Media Manager is a file extension manger for palmos:

http://toysoft.ca/MediaTypeMgr.html

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions