1.    #1  
    Hey all, I'm curious to hear what categories you guys use in your favorite launcher to organize the multitudes of programs on your PDA.

I use Zlauncher on my T600, with the following breakdown:

Apps (pTunes, MovieRec, SoundRec, Pickem, MMPlayer, etc)
    Utils (BackupMan, FileZ, PC 2 PDA, TrackerDog, VFSMark, etc)
    Organization (Happydays, Vehicle Pal, Splash ID, etc)
    Phone (CallFilter, Trafficstat, Treo Allegro, Minutes Plus, etc)
    Net (PalmVNC, VeriChat, EzFTP, PalmPrice, etc)
    Drinks (Beer Master, Minibar, Master Drinks, etc)
    Travel (MetrO, Mapopolis, Vindigo, TipTap, etc)
    Text (Adobe Reader, AvantGo, MobileDB, eReader, etc)
    Health (Emergency Palm, Medic Palm, Workouts, etc)
    Games (duh)

No need to include the examples of which programs go where, I just did for clarity's sake.
    i used to do this, but now I just have tha basic palm launcher and have it to show all.

I use the hard keys and mcphling to launch the apps i use the most.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I don't either - I use ArrowLauncher
    Home
    System
    Web
    Docs
    Travel
    Games
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    Here are my Zlauncher categories:

All
    System
    Games
    Utilities
    Main
    Web Apps
    Medical
    Mulitmedia
    Cool Tools
    Calc/Clocks
    Ebook's/DB's
    Office/Email
    Java Apps
    Card

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've got a ton of programs, and tried several different ways to categorize them. I finally gave up. They are all in one list in Zlauncher. when I want to launch a program, I just push the first letter of the program, use the 5-way to select it, if needed, and launch it.

It seems faster to me than flipping through different categories.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    I've got a ton of programs, and tried several different ways to categorize them. I finally gave up. They are all in one list in Zlauncher. when I want to launch a program, I just push the first letter of the program, use the 5-way to select it, if needed, and launch it.

Yeah, I think I'm gonna go this route too...I really don't like Arrow Launcher's lack of icons, but I am attracted to the simplicity....
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman

I do the exact same thing only I dont have a "launcher" the palm os already does this. Is there an advantage to Zlauncher that I am missing?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg
    I do the exact same thing only I dont have a "launcher" the palm os already does this. Is there an advantage to Zlauncher that I am missing?
    Zlauncher lets you easily move programs to and from the SD card, and also has better delete options.

Also, I hide all of my categories except "All" in Zlauncher, including the "card" category. That way I have my full "All" list every time I press the home button.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by drrjv
    I don't either - I use ArrowLauncher
    Same here. I used to obsess about the categories but could never define certain apps to just one category. Now with Arrowlauncher as lon as I know the name I'm fine - if not I default to the basic Palm launcher.
    Animo et Fide
    I originally did the whole "everything in one list and use the keyboard" approach. I've moved over to a slight change.
    * Main catergory (pTunes, Web, datebk5, upIRC, Snapper, etc) that will fit, but not exceed the space to not need scrolling
    * Games (game stuff)
    and..
    * Everything else

So programs I tend to use a lot will be right in front of me, everything else I hit the "Home" button once more and i'm in a category where I can use the keyboard to hit the first letter. Works well.. but i'm always thinking "What's better?"
    Gabe Kangas
    Achievatron 2004 - ?
    Visor Deluxe -> Treo 300 -> TREO 600 -> Treo 650
    I also have a bunch of categories in my ZLauncher but I find myself gravitating to the "All" tab most of the time and using graffiti to select the app.

I've got a System and a Utilities tab like just about everyone else, but whenever I go to categorize a new app, I can't figure out which of these two it fits in. What are your criteria for deciding?